Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dirrell - World class skill,but lacks heart,strength and mental toughness.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dirrell - World class skill,but lacks heart,strength and mental toughness.

When I watched the AA fight I was prepared to give Andre the benefit of the doubt over allegations of play acting,however having seen it dozens of times since from every conceivable angle,I just cannot see how a world title level fighter could have been hurt,let alone ko'd into convulsion city by a punch that barely landed and wasnt thrown with any serious intention,basically little more than a tap.

Having watched a few of Dirrell's fights,but particularly the Froch and Aa fights,he doesnt really appear to have the stomach for a fight or the heart of a champion. I find this sad in a way because he has some superb boxing skills.

I truly believe that his lack of mental toughness is going to find him out in his next few fights. I can see him quitting or pulling some kind of stunt in the ring.

Anyone else noticed this?

Dirrell has good skills, speed and movement. But froch exposed his weakness'.

Comment

Ts i agree with you about the lack of mental toughness or him gettin distracted in the fight

but you know what stop this crap with him being an actor ok?

Comment

Originally posted by JonoYoungP4P View Post
        Dirrell has good skills, speed and movement. But froch exposed his weakness'.
        The guy seems a little odd to me. Quite highly strung and emotional,and those types of character normally fold or do something crazy when put under pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by dontCry View Post
          Ts i agree with you about the lack of mental toughness or him gettin distracted in the fight

but you know what stop this crap with him being an actor ok?
          It aint crap,like I said,I have seen it dozens of times. It was some BS.

Comment

I have to agree with profa about the mental toughness thingy but I have seen the fight and I don't think he was faking.

Comment

we're not the ones getting hit so we shouldn't talk. What happened is disputatable, and subjective. Direll is a good fighter with solid skills. He is a future p4p fighter. Like TS I to question his heart, and commitment to the sport, yet in the AA fight he showed tons of heart, thus one must give him the benefit of the doubt.

Comment

I think it's obvois that Dirrell needs to man up. However i do agree he does have some fabolous skills and is technically very good. It's a shame he lacks real mental toughness and seems quite a weak minded guy.. I hope he can change things round for the best.

Comment

Dirrell knocked Abraham down twice, won about 7-8 rounds and just plain dominated the fight.

Abraham did not one single legal blow in the 11th round.

Abraham caught the guy with the same head turning punch that 1 week earlier had put Chambers in hospital for 3 days and almost killed him.

Comment

Dirrell will struggle when fighters come foreard sand attack him, e.g froch. Abraham didnt come forward just put his gloves up all fight, thats why dirrell won.

Comment

Working...
                    X