Why Adam Carolla’s Rant on Pacquiao and the Philippines backfired

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MexicanMauler View Post
    Learn how to read.

"The Southwestern University in the Philippines is scheduled to confer a doctorate degree to Manny Pacquiao to honor his contribution to the development of sports particularly boxing in the Philippines.
    Pacquiao will be conferred a degree of Doctor of Human Kinetics (honoris causa) on February 18, 2009. ‘Honoris Causa’ is a Latin phrase which means’ for the sake of honor’ and it is an academic degree conferred by an academic institution where the usual requirements such as passing of examinations are waived.
    "

It's an honorary degree. In other words, he's getting it because someone thought he should.
    Woops didn't actually read it just the title my bad **** lol

Comment

Originally posted by JaguarJames View Post
      I've been listening to Carolla for years now and he regularly makes comments about Mexicans, but I actually have a sense of humor.
      you have a very dry sense of humor then.......or just an idiot who laughs at everything other idiots think its funny.........

Comment

Originally posted by AC-Voltage View Post
        Holy ****. Who cares already.....

If this was about any other people, this wouldnt even be discussed. Get over it.. Take a joke.
        If you feel like that then Gtf. The thread you senseless mufugga

Comment

****, this is worse than Mel Gibson, at least that dude was drunk.

Comment

Originally posted by rskumm21 View Post
            Carrolas fans don't give a **** about this. The only people who care are Stupid *******s. And who the **** is Charlie Knoxville? Like his opinion counts for anything.
            hes the bro of johnny of "the jackass".

Comment

Adam is just mad cause he got no ass from the girls on the Man-Show... Jimmy Kimmell tagged them all haha.

Im sure Adam got his fair share of racism as an Italian-American, i guess he's just venting after he got raped by the homies from the bronx.

Comment

Originally posted by baracuda View Post
                you have a very dry sense of humor then.......or just an idiot who laughs at everything other idiots think its funny.........
                I never said I agreed with everything he says. I can understand why some people would disagree with his comments or even find them offensive, but the overreaction is just too much. No group should be above criticism and be put on a pedestal. Can you imagine if people reacted this way over any controversial remark?? Chris Rock would probably be on death row

Comment

lol...this is almost as bad as the overreaction to the nappy headed hoes incident. wait, on the other hand mebbe not. but i dnt rly get wat the prolem is here...comedians always go overboard, that's their job. u should hear some of the old eddie murphy and richard pryor ****, its hilarious and quite racist at the same time. nyways im black and i think the nappy headed hoes thing was hilarious...i actually started callin girls tht 4 a minute. so i guess i shldnt post here because i guess im not easily offended.

Comment

I never said I agreed with everything he says. I can understand why some people would disagree with his comments or even find them offensive, but the overreaction is just too much. No group should be above criticism and be put on a pedestal. Can you imagine if people reacted this way over any controversial remark?? Chris Rock would probably be on death row
                    how are overreacting exactly?....do we go beating up every white folk in the streets ?........

Comment

The way people overreacted to this incident is just ridiculous. It was on the front page of Yahoo philippines and even the filipino presidents office commented on it. Carolla constantly rants about EVERY community and pretty much every topic yet Filipinos become outraged (even going so far as threatening violence) the first time he says anything negative about them. I dont always agree with what he says, I cant count the number of times he's made an insulting remark about Mexicans, but In the US we have something called freedom of speech which we value more than anyone's butthurt feelings.

yeah sure, and when you refer to a black man as n****r and you are confronted youll just claim your freedom of speech and everyone will nod their heads and walk on. i call that hypocrisy and lie. freedom of speech doesnt cover calling other race names and mentioning words thats derogatory, freedom of speech doesnt give you any rights to insult people, learn your s**t, you just dont yap around butthurting people else youll get buttkicked out.

Comment

Working...
                      X