Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hopkins Returns Home Healthy, Hints at Fighting On

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what goes around comes around bernard hopkins picked on a shot roy jones just to pad up his record his 3 biggest wins pavlik felix and oscar was against smaller men if he fights haye karma will be a ***** to him

Comment

I always find it strange when less than 18 months ago after the Pavlik fight everybody was screaming from the roof tops how Hopkins had turned back the hands of time and was certainly one of the current P4P best in the world. I'm sure you were also inspired by the manner in which Hopkins beat Pavlik. Suddenly, he is dead and gone despite being undefeated in the last 18 months.

Personally, I think everybody is upset with Hopkins for making the Jones fight, for depriving the public of a viable attraction, for choosing himself.

The Jones fight was always going to be ugly, and Jones wanted that. Seemingly, it was never about beating Hopkins, it was about humiliating him and his active existence in the sport, and that is exactly what Jones did.

As for Haye, he is a stronger more powerful fighter, and although he is entertaining he stands on the wild side of the line . Hopkins has the best fundamentals in the game and given some time to bulk up, and provided Haye continues to forget he is most effective when he throws straight punches, I feel Hopkins will pull Haye apart through those obvious *****s in Hayes armour.

Does this mean he should get the next crack at Haye, certainly not, but if Haye hammers a Klitschko and Hopkins can step up and have the balls to fight and beat the winner of say Adamek v Arreola. It might just be a fight we would want to watch.

We may be dissappointed with Hopkins making a fight that should have happened decades ago, but it would be wrong to contradict our respect given less than 18 months ago and to discard a fighter that has never been stopped...

Comment

Working...
      X