No announcement yet.

Radio Host Under Fire for Racist Remarks About Manny Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snd_dsigner_dan View Post
    Carolla doesn't have his radio show anymore. He has a podcast which is currently one of the most downloaded in the U.S. The problems with people like you is that you've never listened to the guy. I've been offended by some of his comments before but that's how the guy is. He usually says things based on his perspective. The things he usually says is based on ignorance rather than racism. He's said worse things about Germans and Mexicans but do you see those people creating Facebook groups saying that they want to kill him and calling him a child ******er?

The guy has already apologized and what do my fellow Filipinos do? They don't even accept his apology because "they want to hear it not read it". What happens when he actually apologizes on his podcast? I bet my fellow Filipinos would petition to get him fired from NBC. You really cannot appease my fellow Filipinos.
    Great post!

Comment

the guy is a "comedian" so i cant take him seriously...but in all honesty is this anything new?... this is the first time that my race is being "verbally attacked" and my people arent takin it too well...i myself dont give two ****s what adam carolla thinks about filipinos... this sort of thing is nothing new,

people like him have been around since the beginning of time...

Comment

Originally posted by O.S.I.R.I.S View Post
        Anyone can make racial jokes as long as they aren't singling out a certain race and it's in the light of comedy. There is this fat white lady who does it all the time and she is america and white. I can't think of her name right now, but I'll post some of her material when I remember her name.
        lisa lampanelli.....

Comment

"""Isn't this why something as insignificant to our nation as Tiger Woods' marital infidelity has made newspaper headlines since last Thanksgiving? Yet, no one would suggest that the U.S. is a backwards country because of this."""

hahaha.....

I would

Comment

Originally posted by Zhaakal View Post
            Jeasus. People need to get a sense of humor
            "Why don't you get your sh_t together? They've got this and *** tours. That's all they have over there"

Is that really funny?

Comment

carolla is a ****in POS. to stoop so low just to be funny, which really wasn't, says something about his comedy skills.

Comment

Ok just remembered her name.....Lisa Lampenilli. She does it all the time and even has tons of prominate black entertainers on her shows when she is doing so. None of them, including the countless ********** she disses cares about her jokes because 1. She isn't singling out a certain race 2. she isn't trying to hold onto some type of Superior Complex when telling them.

The latter (Superior Complex) is the main reason people catch heat for racial jokes. Not to try and school you on history, but if you look up the Minstrel Shows back in the early 1900's and the various comedy shows that held on to white supremecy, you would know what I'm talking about. When you are using comedy as a vehicle to promote prejudice and feeling of superiority over others....then thats when racial jokes etc are bad. Whites can tell racial jokes as long as they don't go that
                route and also as long as they aren't single out a single race.

BTW I am by no means implying that Corrolla was doing any of this above. This reply was strickly related to how you should and should not go about telling racial jokes in the name of comedy.
                Last edited by Khalid X; 04-05-2010, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by retnuocllup View Post
                  i bet most white people don't know **** about the PI except what they hear from corolla.
                  So is it not true what he said about the obsession with Manny Pacquiao in the Philippines? Imagine if it was the other way around and the US was revolving everything around Floyd Maywether. Maywather was our biggest movie star, our biggest music star and our biggest political star just because he was great at boxing. That would be ridiculous. *******s would be saying the same thing about the United States as Carrolla is saying about the Phillipines.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
                    "Why don't you get your sh_t together? They've got this and *** tours. That's all they have over there"

Is that really funny?
                    lol, i think it is. he doesnt kno the difference betw. phillipines an thailand

Comment

Originally posted by EDD1 View Post
                      """Isn't this why something as insignificant to our nation as Tiger Woods' marital infidelity has made newspaper headlines since last Thanksgiving? Yet, no one would suggest that the U.S. is a backwards country because of this."""

hahaha.....

I would
                      The difference between the US and Philippines, regarding Tiger Woods and Pacquiao is one fact.

After Tiger's affairs became public, US sponsors dropped him and he took a lot of heat from the media.

After Pacquiao's past and recent affairs became public, they threw a parade and boycotted Mayweather and Adam Carolla instead.

Comment

Working...
                      X