Haye should have been disqualified for the many rabbit punches

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haye should have been disqualified for the many rabbit punches

I just re-watched the Ruiz-Haye fight.

In the 5th round, Haye was becoming frustrated with being unable to hurt Ruiz with legal punches, so then Haye deliberately hit him right in the center of the back of the head with a rabbit punch and Ruiz went down.

Haye threw many rabbit punches in this fight, and although he was deducted a point for it, because he kept on doing it, he should have eventually been disqualified.

I remember after Mormeck knocked Haye down in their fight, Haye was struggling to survive the round. He deliberately hit Mormeck with a rabbit punch, hurt him badly, and turned the tide of the fight.

Does Haye have to cheat to win?

haye beat ruiz's ass end of story

Comment

Originally posted by Kid Lavigne View Post

In the 5th round, Haye was becoming frustrated with being unable to hurt Ruiz with legal punches, so then Haye deliberately hit him right in the center of the back of the head with a rabbit punch and Ruiz went down.

Haye threw many rabbit punches in this fight, and although he was deducted a point for it, because he kept on doing it, he should have eventually been disqualified.

I remember after Mormeck knocked Haye down in their fight, Haye was struggling to survive the round. He deliberately hit Mormeck with a rabbit punch, hurt him badly, and turned the tide of the fight.

Haye got deducted points, what more do you want !!

Comment

I honestly that it was borderline there but the ref did take points so that was good enough for me

Comment

Originally posted by 915 View Post
          I honestly that it was borderline there but the ref did take points so that was good enough for me
          The rabbit punch in the 5th round was very obvious and deliberate.

The ref took no point and it counted as a knockdown.

Comment

Haye was pushing his luck. The second knockdown was borderline Disqualification IMO. Ruiz had his back turned into the ropes, the ref comes end whilst Haye loads a right hand and plows it into the back of Ruiz's head.

Yes the ref took a point, but it was one of the worst rabbit punches i've seen in a long while.

Comment

I agree he pulled an Abraham, I see no difference in what Abraham did than what Haye did. If Ruiz would have done that to Haye, same thing, he should have been DQ'd.

Bull**** home town referee let it happen, what more can you say.

Comment

The referee was from Panama.

Comment

I don't think Haye should have been disqualified but fighters in the UK are known for rabbit punching. We all remember what when Nigel Benn did Gerald Mclelenan? Ricky Hatton did it to score wins in Manchester and cried like a ***** when he had a point taken away in the Mayweather fight.

Carl Froch did it to Dirrell the entire fight. Rabbit Punching is the UK's favorite past time.

Comment

The rabbit punch in the 5th round was very obvious and deliberate.

The ref took no point and it counted as a knockdown.
                    I absolutely concur. Every KD except the first was a foul, and very deliberate, sometimes even hitting Ruiz when down. I've written about this already last night.

Comment

Working...
                    X