Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official "Retire Roy Jones Jr" thread..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

now i'm waiting for may 1!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Don Johnson View Post
      nobody deserved to win this fight, it was a piss poor perfromance by both.
      Neither wanted to take a risk. One, two punches, then clinch. BH is giving way to much credit to RH thinking the old Jones was still there. He could have let RJ come forward, stand in the middle of the ring, slug it out and still outbox Jones. RJ will never stand toe to toe with his opponent. It's either him throwing punches or him absorbing punches against the ropes. Never an exchange.

Comment

Originally posted by 1pretty boy1 View Post
        now i'm waiting for may 1!!!!!!
        That's the type of fight we deserve.

Comment

Originally posted by JQside View Post
          Neither wanted to take a risk. One, two punches, then clinch. BH is giving way to much credit to RH thinking the old Jones was still there. He could have let RJ come forward, stand in the middle of the ring, slug it out and still outbox Jones. RJ will never stand toe to toe with his opponent. It's either him throwing punches or him absorbing punches against the ropes. Never an exchange.
          He is too hesitant. Ever since he got clocked by Tarver and Johnson he has fears.

Comment

Originally posted by Dorian View Post
            You've had a decent career, hang those gloves up and enjoy life.
            Both RJJ and Bernard Hopkins Should Retire...end off they have both had good careers and never will be forgotten...

Comment

Originally posted by BritishBoxing92 View Post
              Both RJJ and Bernard Hopkins Should Retire...end off they have both had good careers and never will be forgotten...
              Indeed, it's just sad watching them fight at this stage knowing what beasts they were in their primes.

Comment

Indeed, it's just sad watching them fight at this stage knowing what beasts they were in their primes.
                indeed young dorian they were quiet something in their Primes...now they need to retire alltogether and look for something else to do like maybe commentating for HBO

Comment

I have been on the "Roy retire" soapbox for awhile now(since the third Tarver fight). We have witnessed another fight that shouldn't have happened. I really hope he doesn't return just because the fight wasn't a beating. Hopkins should retire too IMO. It is obvious after the last two fights he shouldn't get in with a top young fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by BritishBoxing92 View Post
                    indeed young dorian they were quiet something in their Primes...now they need to retire alltogether and look for something else to do like maybe commentating for HBO
                    Well said, champ! I think they both should retire. There is no point for Hopkins to go to HW and fight David Haye. Retire on a high personal note, you got your 17 year in the making revenge, that's what you always wanted, retire happy.

Jones is way to hesitant and when he faces someone who will rush him(Danny green for example) and put the pressure on him and throw punches in bunches, he could get hurt badly.

Retire In Peace.

Comment

Well said, champ! I think they both should retire. There is no point for Hopkins to go to HW and fight David Haye. Retire on a high personal note, you got your 17 year in the making revenge, that's what you always wanted, retire happy.

Jones is way to hesitant and when he faces someone who will rush him(Danny green for example) and put the pressure on him and throw punches in bunches, he could get hurt badly.

Retire In Peace.
                      yes retire in peace....no pieces

Comment

Working...
                      X