Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most overrated European fighter of the decade?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by STRUGG View Post
    how can hatton be overrated when...........he just loss to the best?

Lossing to the best doesnt mean you arent overrated!!! Thank God the hype train has been derailed but the media-hype surrounding this guy was hilarious, You would have thought he was Roberto duran and Ray leonard roll into one at the height of the hype.

Comment

how can hatton be overrated when...........he just loss to the best?
      The problem was the way he lost, not the fact that he lost.

Personally I still think it's gone far too far the other way, now, though. He was lineal champion for nearly four years, beat most of the best contenders in his weight class, and beat two hall of famers who were still reasonably close to their primes, though past their primes. He was over-rated by the British press, but he's badly under-rated by a lot of people now, IMO.
      Last edited by Dave Rado; 04-03-2010, 04:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
        Ricky Hatton....hands down!!!......and to those sayin' Joe Calzaghe.....say what you what about his slaps or resume, but even a blind man could see that this mofo could box and fight when needed.....there's noone quite like Joe Calzaghe (style wise) in the game
        Someone the things surrounding Joe calzaghe is just hate, If people cant appreciate how skilled the guy is then i give up, The guy is high skilled and box beautifully, sometimes its hard to think the guy is europeans because he box with a lot of savvy.

Comment

Carl Froch is overrated bum with no boxing skills he got lucky in the Jermain Taylor fight because his as was losing the fight until the 12rd fluke knockout

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Rado View Post
            The problem was the way he lost, not the fact that he lost.

Personally I still think it's gone far too far the other way, now, though. He was lineal champion for nearly four years, beat most of the best contenders in his weight class, and beat two hall of famers who were still reasonably close to their primes, though past their primes. He was over-rated by the British press, but he's badly under-rated by a lot of people now, IMO.

He was overrated badly before he fought Tsyzu, and after mauling the pony-tailed one to death the hype went into overdrive, People were talking about him in the same breath as Duran!!! WTF? How he would KO Mayweather bla bla bla, He avoid Witter (His main domestic rival) Like the plague before he fought Tsyzu.

But i give him credit because he doesnt have a lot of skills but he fought with heart and still went on to fight some of the best fights in Mayweather and Pacquiao so i would alway give him credit for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post

Lossing to the best doesnt mean you arent overrated!!! Thank God the hype train has been derailed but the media-hype surrounding this guy was hilarious, You would have thought he was Roberto duran and Ray leonard roll into one at the height of the hype.

not a hatton fan myself.........sure hes overrated by his fans...........but since his loss........i think hjes being underrated as well............

Comment

Originally posted by MrClutch85 View Post
                Carl Froch is overrated bum with no boxing skills he got lucky in the Jermain Taylor fight because his as was losing the fight until the 12rd fluke knockout
                Its NO fluke, Taylor alway gas in the championship rounds, He has been doing so since the B-Hop fight, Even AA KO Taylor with a few seconds to go in the 12th round.

Comment

not a hatton fan myself.........sure hes overrated by his fans...........but since his loss........i think hjes being underrated as well............
                  good post.. back then he's a LITTLE overrated, but after losing to May & Pac, all of a sudden, he became underrated...

Comment

He was overrated badly before he fought Tsyzu, and after mauling the pony-tailed one to death the hype went into overdrive, People were talking about him in the same breath as Duran!!! WTF? How he would KO Mayweather bla bla bla, He avoid Witter (His main domestic rival) Like the plague before he fought Tsyzu.

But i give him credit because he doesnt have a lot of skills but he fought with heart and still went on to fight some of the best fights in Mayweather and Pacquiao so i would alway give him credit for that.
                    Witter was fighting bums and club fighters before Hatton fought Tzsyu, there was literally nothing other than Witters Gob that made him a legitimate challenger, Unlike Smith, Magee, Rowland and Thraxton who where legit British title level fighters and had proved it.

in 2004 Witter fought Oscar Hall (who got KO'd in 2 by a 7-12 bum 6 months earlier), and two unknown eurobums.

Witter ducked all the top British LWW's but yapped endlessly about how Hatton was ducking him.

Comment

For me it between Ottke and Hatton..
                      hatton & calzaghe are not overrated! Both had solid careers & I don't know how losing to pacman & pbf make you overrated but everyone is entitled to their opinions.I'd say ottke because of his homecooking decisions & his resume.it's tough to say anyone else whose had success is overrated.ottke I'd say is up there as overrated.

Comment

Working...
                      X