Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With 140 heating up, Bradley decides to leave the division...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MJ406 View Post
    Bradley and Alexander have yet to fight. and besides Bradley being a bigger favorite back then .. before Devon would win the title

**I also read somewhere that it was said no network would have picked up a Bradley-Alexander title fight .. which would have been for Bradley's WBC belt

which again is another reason to not want to fight^ .. I mean keep in mind these guys are professionals, and besides winning I'd think making money would matter as well.
    Bradley can't be accused of ducking Alexander when he dropped the belt.

Low reward, high risk, but also there were two big names out there, Manny who is more dangerous than Alexander, and Hatton who at the time defeated Paulie I believe.

No one, no matter how manly you are would not want thsoe two guys, who both were much more dangerous.

Now, Bradley's team even said they will fight Alexander rin good time.

Alexander is trying to fight Madina, who has KO power but has no skills on their level. I am thinking that Bradley's opponone,t although unkown, is just as dangerous.

Comment

There should be a Super 6 tourney for Light Welterweight
      Khan
      Bradley
      Maidana
      Alexander
      Ortiz
      Nate Campbell/Malignaggi

Comment

Originally posted by KittenFlaps View Post
        He's probably just positioning himself for the WW PPV money. There's not really a PPV draw at 140.
        HBO should hurry up and make a super 6 style tournament for the JWW's

Comment

I didn't read any of the pages so if someone said it already...I'm with you.

It's a smart move to throw your hat in the WW division where Shane Mosley, Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Manny Pacquiao are right now. Pac can face Bradley next if he wants if he can't get Floyd into the ring if he beats Shane...and/or if Mosley beats Floyd since Mosley will have to give Floyd a rematch.

It's a good move.

Although I have to say, if Pac doesn't get the fight with either Mosley or Floyd... if Williams can come back down to 147 or Pac wants to move up to face Williams or Martinez at 154...that would be something.

Comment

Neither Bradley or Alexander are ducking eachother. This fight will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by -Rabbit Punch- View Post
              Neither Bradley or Alexander are ducking eachother. This fight will happen.
              Right. I get so tired of all the ducking talk in boxing. This fight will continue to build which will make it THAT much better down the road. Hopefully they fight here in Saint Louis.

Comment

if Tim and Devon keep winning, then this fight will be even more significant and anticipated down the road....I just hope neither guy screws up the plans (like what happened with Angulo and Kirkland)

Comment

Originally posted by COACH-WEBB View Post
                  the TS always fails in with his own threads. Everyone who really follows boxing and stays up to date with boxing news, knows that this is a one fight thing at 47, then he will be back down to 40. But a few posters have already hit on that.
                  I swear he does...almost every single thread.

Comment

Originally posted by M@nny View Post
                    To fight unknown, but undefeated Luis Abregu (29-0-23 KOs) at 147. WTF, lots of great possible fights for Bradley at 140 now and he moves up to fight some nobody?

Oh well, at least we'll see Khan vs Malignaggi, Ortiz vs Campbell and hopefully Maidana vs Alexander. A Bradley vs Fat Ass Guzman would round things out nicely at 140 (pun intended).

Can someone explain to me why Timmy is moving out of the star studded Jr Welterweight division? We all know little Timmy is not a Welterweight.
                    he's actually fought at 147 before, but all those names mentioned, i believe are HBO fighters, Bradley is Shobox. I would imagine the best fight at 140 at showtime would be against Valero.

Comment

ABREGAU is no joke.

I wouldnt be suprise if he stretch TIMOTHY early.

Comment

Working...
                      X