No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adrien Broner Facing a Robbery Charge in Ohio

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
    Why, what does anything he's been accused of have to do with boxing? People can be fans of the fighter but not the person. I don't like his gimmick, I don't like the accusations. But I'm a boxing fan and love the way this kid fights. What he does outside of boxing doesn't affect me and isn't my concern as a BOXING fan.
    Nice mushy non-commital stance.

You like the way he fights? Wonderful.

Charlie Manson wrote some good songs, too. Want to have him over to your place for lunch?

I'll bet you'd feel differently if it was your granny who got mugged.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Nephilim View Post

Charlie Manson wrote some good songs, too. Want to have him over to your place for lunch?

no he didnt. smh.

Comment

• Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
        Personally as a boxing Fan... i wish that trash like him didnt rep the sport of Boxing. It gets enough black eye's as it is with corrupt commissions judges and promoters. Adding in people who have the mentality to brutally punch an old lady (being a Boxer) in the face and stealing her hard earned money is not good for Boxing. Or any sport for that matter. It wasn't like he stole a bag of chips because he was hungry. He punched a old woman...in her face. So it does have something to do with Boxing.
        Boxing has been full of criminals and thugs since the very beginning. Im not condoning it, but hard upbringings develop hard people, and hard people are more willing and better suited to be fighters. You don't see rich kids getting into this sport and being successful. There is a reason for that. In a perfect world I would agree with you about these types not representing the sport, unfortunately we don't live in a perfect world.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
          While I ascribe Broner no guilt based on an accusation, what you've said in bold is a cop-out to be honest.

Sport is as much about character as it is physical motion and a line has to be drawn somewhere with regards a participant's criminal conduct outside of the ring.
          Maybe youth sports. When it comes to the pro ranks we want the best of the best...at least I do.

Comment

That would make it personal and affect me in that situation. If it doesn't affect me I couldn't care less as a fan of the sport. That doesn't mean I like people who do bad things, but I can still appreciate them being good at their job. Its really not that hard to understand.

Comment

Boxing has been full of criminals and thugs since the very beginning. Im not condoning it, but hard upbringings develop hard people, and hard people are more willing and better suited to be fighters. You don't see rich kids getting into this sport and being successful. There is a reason for that. In a perfect world I would agree with you about these types not representing the sport, unfortunately we don't live in a perfect world.
              Of course, there ARE two current world boxing champions, two brothers who represent the sport with grace and class -- one is even a political leader in his native Ukraine, yet a man who you mock continually in a vile fashion with your avatar and comments.

You hate and mock the classy Klitschkos not only here, but on other boxing boards as well.

Yet you defend a piece of criminal ****** trash like Broner because he's an Amerikan, I guess.

God bless Amerika.

Comment

That would make it personal and affect me in that situation. If it doesn't affect me I couldn't care less as a fan of the sport. That doesn't mean I like people who do bad things, but I can still appreciate them being good at their job. Its really not that hard to understand.
                Yes, I understand. As long as it doesn't affect you personally, you don't give a ****.

Comment

• Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                  no he didnt. smh.
                  "Look at Your Game, Girl," is quite good.

Covered by GNR later on.

Comment

Of course, there ARE two current world boxing champions, two brothers who represent the sport with grace and class -- one is even a political leader in his native Ukraine, yet a man who you mock continually in a vile fashion with your avatar and comments.

You hate and mock the classy Klitschkos not only here, but on other boxing boards as well.

Yet you defend a piece of criminal ****** trash like Broner because he's an Amerikan, I guess.

God bless Amerika.
                    Show me a single post where I ever said a bad word about Vits personally. You won't because you can't. If you can't take a difference of opinion or facts that differ from you Vittles fantasies than maybe you should either toughen up or find a softer place to post.

Comment

Show me a single post where I ever said a bad word about Vits personally. You won't because you can't. If you can't take a difference of opinion or facts that differ from you Vittles fantasies than maybe you should either toughen up or find a softer place to post.
                      Don't hold your breath -- or better, do.

The way you try to deny years of such behavior as I mentioned when called on it is always highly amusing.

Comment

Working...
                      X