Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I hate MMA compared to boxing, but it seems like my friends don't like boxing at all.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Holtol View Post
    MMA is on T.V all the time and boxing is almost never on. It's not surprising more people are into MMA. UFC is on ****e 2 hrs a night plus sports net has MMA news every day and all the big fights have prefight shows on t.v. Friday night fights is on once a week late at night. It would be good if some channel showed more classic boxing matches or fights from a month ago. I don't know that many people that like boxing much and I know tons of people into MMA. And it does not surpiries me. I see way more MMA gyms then boxing gyms also. I think there is also going to be a bigger talent pool for the MMA then Boxing 10 years from now,If things don't turn around. Sucks but I think it's true.

The thing about that is, I don't care if it's a popularity contest.

They like what they like. I like what I do.

I am sure the talent pool for boxing is going to be deeper for boxing in 10 years.

I guess it's a fundamental difference.

I believe you don't have to be outstanding to excel at MMA nowadays whereas in boxing it still takes years.

Maybe that will change, but I don't see it for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post

I am sure the talent pool for boxing is going to be deeper for boxing in 10 years.

I believe you don't have to be outstanding to excel at MMA nowadays whereas in boxing it still takes years.

I don't see kids wanting to train at something that they have never been exposed to. Kids don't want to play cricket they want to play base ball. They don't want to play rugby they play foot ball. I think kids want to do what they see on T.V or what they are exposed to. In Canada I see way more MMA clubs then boxing clubs. It may be different elsewhere.

Comment

The crowd your running with is no good, you need to clean your act up.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post

Yes it takes years to excell in MMA, GSP,Machida,FedorAnderson Silva etc all those guys have devoted there life to the sport and that's why they are succesful,dominant champions. To say it doesn't take years of dedication to be succesfull in MMA is absurd.

Comment

I like boxing more but the UFC fights have me more excited than the boxing ones this weekend.

Comment

my friend is a big mma fan and im always over when he buys ppv, but im sorry! its been every single time i go there i just end up laughing my ass off of all the standing around or dry humping that goes around lol

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
                First thing that pops into my head when I think of two dudes wrestling each other on the ground, half naked. Gurgle, gurgle!
                When you see Judo, Olympic wrestling or Sambo you automatically think of sucking dicks??

Comment

Nice ownage bro

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta Lives View Post
                    As a boxing fan, I've gotta admit that MMA really is something that we gotta compete with.
                    What competition? Lolz, Dry humping is much more competitive than the MMA nyahahah

But seriously....what?

Comment

I have been watching boxing for 16 years, and when MMA started getting really popular a few years ago a friend talked me into checking it out. I got into it for a while but am slowly losing interest. I would say that 90 percent of people who claim to be MMA fans and trash boxing are bandwagon jumpers. They grabbed onto something because it was getting a lot of attention, and they didnt know **** about boxing to begin with. MMA has taken off quickly primarily because Dana White is a great promoter. Hell, pro wrestling is the most ******ed thing to ever disgrace tv, but Vince whathisface is a great promoter, so people watch it. Most other forms of MMA are feeding off the success of the UFC, whether or not they will admit it. I havent watched a UFC event in a couple of years, I prefer boxing.

Comment

Working...
                      X