Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roy Jones Jr: 'I Don't Look 40, Hopkins Looks Like He's 52'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kbpoetree View Post
    lol got ya and agree like i said tho were exaggerations mayb bad ones haha but i do disagree on one thing..i think hop is at least a 9 yes i agree his physicalness is down but its sweet science wich to me means smarts outweighs physicalness and Hop is one of the smartest i believe
    10 Being perfect, I can't put this Hopkins at a 9...

I would put Floyd at a 9.5.

We also have to take into account in the last 2 years, Nard fought the MW Pavlik at 170lbs and Enrique Ornelas.....

In 2 years.

I really don't even think we can accurately rate him right now.

As when you are 45, you can fall off at any given time.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
      10 Being perfect, I can't put this Hopkins at a 9...

I would put Floyd at a 9.5.

We also have to take into account in the last 2 years, Nard fought the MW Pavlik at 170lbs and Enrique Ornelas.....

In 2 years.

I really don't even think we can accurately rate him right now.

As when you are 45, you can fall off at any given time.
      all again good points and yeah to me has been a while since Hop fought i mean i forgot all about his fight w well whoever recently lol and it went 12 not sure tho if that wasnt the plan jus to see where his conditioning is...and i will admit my 9 is def bias due to he my fav fighter lol but looken at it on the real ur right prob a 7 less he Kayos Jones than can that make him a 7.5? lol

Comment

Majority draw for Hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by ricky1978 View Post
          couldn't agree better, the last time Roy fought a younger guy he got owned, now the last time Hopkins fought a younger guy(Pavlik), he made him look like an amateur....
          Yea, I forgot that Lacy was way, way older than Roy...........

Just shhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Invincible View Post
            Yea, I forgot that Lacy was way, way older than Roy...........

Just shhhhhhhhhhhhh!
            lol does Lacy still have any rep left yet? thought he was considered a bum haha jk

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
              Couldn't be any more opposite... Roy fights like he's 28.

The problem is: He isn't.
              Most accurate. The problem is he doesn't know any other way. He should have retired after Tarver 1 and he'd be considered an ATG and probably be making millions out of books, products, gyms... There's a thousand ways someone like Roy (the image he carried back then anyway) could be successful.

Comment

Originally posted by Allucard View Post
                Most accurate. The problem is he doesn't know any other way. He should have retired after Tarver 1 and he'd be considered an ATG and probably be making millions out of books, products, gyms... There's a thousand ways someone like Roy (the image he carried back then anyway) could be successful.
                LOL u forgot about making albums too

Comment

Originally posted by kbpoetree View Post
                  lol does Lacy still have any rep left yet? thought he was considered a bum haha jk
                  Maybe Lacy didn't have much left in the tank but he had never been stopped and was way younger than Roy.

Roy was the first to stop him in a great performance. Not half bad considering Calzaghe and Taylor could not pull that trick.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Invincible View Post
                    Maybe Lacy didn't have much left in the tank but he had never been stopped and was way younger than Roy.

Roy was the first to stop him in a great performance. Not half bad considering Calzaghe and Taylor could not pull that trick.
                    lol yeah i wasnt really tryna dog Lacy he was a huge contender till his surgery if i remember right injuries can kill a career for sure

Comment

yea jones don't look 40, but he gets knocked out like he is. hopkins may look in his 50's but fights like he's in his 30's. jones poppin at the mouth but ain't shown noone **** in years. hopkins is the real deal. my money's on hopkins.

Comment

Working...
                      X