No announcement yet.

Acelino Freitas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acelino Freitas

What are your thoughts on him, was he a good champion? I have only seen one of his fights against Barrios and it was an absolute war, I highly recommend you watch it.

Originally posted by P.WILL View Post
    What are your thoughts on him, was he a good champion? I have only seen one of his fights against Barrios and it was an absolute war, I highly recommend you watch it.
    A quiter

Comment

had that annoying band when he fought....like a poor-man's ricky hatton band

popo was a good athlete and had great footwork, good power but his heart or lack thereof was shown in the Chico fight

Comment

Quick, powerful and awkward at his best which made for a very hard combination to fight against, had pretty good movement too. But didn't have the best heart when he got hurt where he basically quit against Corrales and stopped in his corner against Diaz, showed good heart against Barrios though, maybe the Barrios fight convinced him not to take any more punishment or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
          Quick, powerful and awkward at his best which made for a very hard combination to fight against, had pretty good movement too. But didn't have the best heart when he got hurt where he basically quit against Corrales and stopped in his corner against Diaz, showed good heart against Barrios though, maybe the Barrios fight convinced him not to take any more punishment or something.
          People label him a quitter but he had a great comeback in stopping Barrios. In each one of those fights he threw in the towel, he took a legitimate beating. although at the end of the diaz fight, they shouldnt have hoisted him up on the shoulders and ****, that barrios fight is one of the best fights ive ever seen, the delayed knockdown was awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
            A quiter

Comment

Originally posted by Bennett View Post

Comment

he was winning against diego when they fought.. i tought he have some stamina issue during that fight.. and if he has the erik morales guts, he would still be a champion up to now.. he crumbled under pressure, being a superstar on his hometown is his fall in my opinion.. coz win or lose, he was welcomed there and regarded as the best ever..

Comment

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
                  had that annoying band when he fought....like a poor-man's ricky hatton band

popo was a good athlete and had great footwork, good power but his heart or lack thereof was shown in the Chico fight
                  i thought his footwork sucked, especially after suarez got a hold of him. too bouncy and not in the pacquiao type of bounce. he was literally jumping in and out.

he was much better when he was an offensive minded destroyer.

RIP and everything, but suarez was a shtty trainer.

Comment

Originally posted by Siggy View Post
                    i thought his footwork sucked, especially after suarez got a hold of him. too bouncy and not in the pacquiao type of bounce. he was literally jumping in and out.

he was much better when he was an offensive minded destroyer.

RIP and everything, but suarez was a shtty trainer.

i thought it was a quirky style and showed some soccer influence with his balance...however, when you dont have the stamina, that footwork fades as the rounds go on...he was skilled but had many flaws

Comment

Working...
                    X