Collapse
No announcement yet.

Acelino Freitas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets cut the crap with "Footwork"... mother fucker would run and then try to land a big shot.

Comment

He displayed a lot of heart in that 12th round KO victory over Barrios, one of the best fights ever, Yes he was winning early against Chico but somehow lost steam in the later rounds, when Pacman was at 130lbs, I thought oh my "Popo" would be too strong for Manny, but now I dont see anywhere Freitas would stood a chance against Pacquiao.

Comment

He was fun to watch wild at times. But when the going got tough he was not the bravest.

Comment

I was at his fight with Ranchero Ramirez in the Chi before his fight with Barrios.

To me that was the real Freitas. All excitement.

As he had done before then, he got off the deck early in the fight to come raging back to ko the Mexican a round or two later.

Freitas was a huge puncher who was vulnerable in his prime and all excitement.

I just felt when he hit it big, the hunger and the heart he showed coming up just disappeared.

That's why I think we got the Corrales and Diaz performances.

The hunger was gone.

But in his prime, he had a boisterous rowdy fan base and fought like his life depending on it.

When it didn't, I felt he lost his spirit.

Comment

I really liked him. He was a very good fighter prior to losing to Corrales. He showed great heart in the Barrios fight which is one of the most exciting fights I have ever seen. He was a beast when undefeated but once he lost, and had all this money he seemed to lose his motivation. It's sad that he did but losses do that to boxers, Some fighters become great after losing like Manny Pacquiao or Bernard Hopkins but some fighters never recover from it.

It's a shame because he was a very good fighter to watch..

Maybe he will make a comeback someday...

Comment

He was really good, but like a few people here said he seemed to loose his motivation, btw it was weird the way he punched his chest after quitting against Diaz.

Comment

Originally posted by El Jesus View Post
                People label him a quitter but he had a great comeback in stopping Barrios. In each one of those fights he threw in the towel, he took a legitimate beating. although at the end of the diaz fight, they shouldnt have hoisted him up on the shoulders and ****, that barrios fight is one of the best fights ive ever seen, the delayed knockdown was awesome.
                haha yea thats how i will remember popo best

that was a real hard shot

Comment

only man to ever beat the great artur grigorian. that right there says it all.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
                    Lets cut the crap with "Footwork"... mother fucker would run and then try to land a big shot.
                    as opposed to floyd who would run and then try to land a little shot.

Comment

I always enjoyed watching his wife cry and run out of the fight with her rack bouncing about. I was never a fan of Acelino, but he put on some damn good fights in his day.

Comment

Working...
                      X