Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is boxing popular in your circle of friends...?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ssadly UFC is

Comment

None of my friends are really fans. I live in Minnesota where it's all about UFC and Lesnar. We used to always go out to the bar to watch mma, but that's pretty much just become something to do more than actually wanting to go watch MMA. I've converted a few of my friends into Pacquiao fans who enjoy him. I have one friend who doesn't really follow boxing and only really watches it with me but he's come to learn the subtle difficulties of boxing and appreciate it and admits boxing is better than MMA which is hard to convince a white boy in the midwest.

Comment

All of them follow boxing but only super fights.

PPV fights are FREE on Sundays here. very few goes to the forums though.

Comment

I went over a friend of mines house and we ordered the Pacquiao-Clottey PPV...

I though he knew more about boxing than he did, because he knew of a few different boxers, mainly Puerto Ricans because he's from PR...

But some how we go into Cotto talks and I remember him saying that "Cotto knocked out Fernando Vargas twice"....

I was like, but I didn't say anything because I didn't want him to feel embarrassed in front of his wife and my girlfriend and I knew they didn't know....

My girlfriend actually is into boxing now and she watches the fights with me...even ESPN FNF and ShoBox at times...that's a good thing...

Comment

Originally posted by Killa Killa View Post
            I was just wondering if any of you had friends in your circle that followed boxing closely...

Obviously the majority of us are on this forum are avid boxing fans...

But, outside of this forum I don't know anyone who follows boxing the way I do...from the standpoint that I watch any fight that I can...

The majority of my friends and co-workers don't keep up with boxing at all and only watch fights with say Pacquiao or Mayweather...and even in that they don't know anything about their past fights... other than a year ago...Hype is the main reason they watch it anyway...

They can tell you stuff about every sport except boxing...

Now I'm sure there are plenty of other boxing fans, but I rarely meet a guy or girl who keeps up with fighters without the big name..

If I asked one of my friends what they though of, say Paul Williams they would be lost

A forum is the only place for me to have a legitimate boxing conversation...

Is that the case with you...?
            When i started getting real into boxing most of my friends weren't that big of fans, but since then i've been hosting fight night events regularly. They might not be as big a fan of the sport as most NSB members, but they like it a lot nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by Equilibrium View Post
              I introduced it to most of them, they like it but not as much as me. Only one of my friends really likes it, he always asks me about old fighters and boxing history.
              hit you back with green man

Comment

still the same for me....

Comment

My friends don't like combat sports. I try to put them over on the idea every time we blaze but they just don't feel it. NFL, MLB, NBA.

Comment

of course not. why else would I spend so much time on here?

At least there are some smart guys on this website, even if I dont agree with them. They put to shame most nonboxing fans.

Comment

'Savage' -- they call it.

Comment

Working...
                      X