Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is boxing popular in your circle of friends...?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boxing is popular with my group of friends, but many of my friends also boxed. But a lot of my non-boxing friends are also big fans of the sport. Most of them wouldnt know guys like Valero, but they know the guys who are on HBO.

I your a hardcore fan, and you explain the fighters story, explain some things about the sport and training, I've noticed they'll become fans quickly.

Especially if you bring them to a good live show. Not a MSG, vegas type show, more like a small hometown type show where you can get good seats.

When you see boxing up close in person you gain a whole new respect for the sport.

Comment

Well I took my housemates to see David Haye vs John Ruiz, they like a good bit of British talent and was very impressed with George Groves, but most of their knowledge is from me or skysports news, so when talking about, Martinez, Pavlik, Bute, Williams and funnily enough even Carl Froch, their knowlege is extremely limited, I am trying to sway them though

Originally posted by Thornton Melon View Post
      I am lucky, i have a lot of friends and associates that follow boxing. Even my dad and stepdad and brother-in-law love boxing. We always have a big crowd for PPV's and we are loving this month of April and May. I cant believe so many people on here dont have friends that follow the Sweet Science. I have turned a lot of people into at least casual fans.

Comment

I have a couple friends who follow boxing, but only one avidly follows it like I do. He actually used to write boxing articles for a newspaper here in Boston, and he has a book out as well. We talk boxing all the time its great.

Comment

I got a couple of friends that I go to the gym with who are hardcore boxing fans but the close friends I grew up with know it but only the big names. They wouldn't know who Chad Dawson or Andre Ward is but they know Roy Jones, Manny Pacquiao, Bernard Hopkins, Floyd Mayweather, Oscar De La Hoya, Erik Morales, Miguel Cotto are. In my circle friends, Boxing is more popular than MMA.

Comment

I have a few buds that like boxing and the old man at work follows it. Unlike a lot of you that say a ton of your friends like MMA, I don't know anyone that watches that.

Comment

Just me, but they know i like boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Killa Killa View Post
                I was just wondering if any of you had friends in your circle that followed boxing closely...

Obviously the majority of us are on this forum are avid boxing fans...

But, outside of this forum I don't know anyone who follows boxing the way I do...from the standpoint that I watch any fight that I can...

The majority of my friends and co-workers don't keep up with boxing at all and only watch fights with say Pacquiao or Mayweather...and even in that they don't know anything about their past fights... other than a year ago...Hype is the main reason they watch it anyway...

They can tell you stuff about every sport except boxing...

Now I'm sure there are plenty of other boxing fans, but I rarely meet a guy or girl who keeps up with fighters without the big name..

If I asked one of my friends what they though of, say Paul Williams they would be lost

A forum is the only place for me to have a legitimate boxing conversation...

Is that the case with you...?
                I've been trying. We have a weekly fight night where we watch a couple of great fights and I've been trying to hype them up for upcoming fights. I'm getting through to some of them.

Oh, I got one boy who likes boxing. I feel like I jump down his throat every time I see him.

Comment

Originally posted by Killa Killa View Post
                  I was just wondering if any of you had friends in your circle that followed boxing closely...

Obviously the majority of us are on this forum are avid boxing fans...

But, outside of this forum I don't know anyone who follows boxing the way I do...from the standpoint that I watch any fight that I can...

The majority of my friends and co-workers don't keep up with boxing at all and only watch fights with say Pacquiao or Mayweather...and even in that they don't know anything about their past fights... other than a year ago...Hype is the main reason they watch it anyway...

They can tell you stuff about every sport except boxing...

Now I'm sure there are plenty of other boxing fans, but I rarely meet a guy or girl who keeps up with fighters without the big name..

If I asked one of my friends what they though of, say Paul Williams they would be lost

A forum is the only place for me to have a legitimate boxing conversation...

Is that the case with you...?
                  yeah i dont really have any friends that follow boxing either.

Comment

I even converted some girls to liking boxing, all you need to do is make it into a soap opera, I started talking about Margarito loading his gloves and pacman fighting for food as a kid and they were all of a sudden into the fight.

Believe it or not, girls like 24/7 and I know some that liked the contender too. It's all about the story man.

Comment

most if not all are casuall fans but boxing is by far more interesting to them then the ufc.. only random ppl jump in the convo nd bring up ufc saying its better nd i ask them right away how so ? nd my friends back me up nd say boxing has way more money involved nd way bigger fights. my circle knows pacquiao nd mayweather nd some even knew about the fight last week. my father follows it as much as i do he always catches them with me on hbo evry saturday nd my brothers godfather whos like a uncle is a casual fan but even he watched fnf when hes home on fridays

Comment

Working...
                      X