Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Assuming May-Mosley doubles Pac's PPV #'s......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Erik18 View Post
    It doesn't look like Arum is that interested in fighting Floyd. He has talked more about fighting Marg than fighting Floyd...
    Mainly because he doesn't believe they can come to terms.

Comment

anyone here seriously think pbf would have 700k ppv and 50k live gate with clottey?

pac vs clottey ppv is like apple to orange comparing mosley-pbf ppv

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
        Do you realize 750k is a HUGE PPV success.

So Floyds fight doing 750K MORE than Pacs fight... is HUGE.

It doesnt have to be 1 million to be a big difference.

Average PPVs are around 300-400k BUYS.

We are talking a difference in 750k.
        lol I know, but you know how people are today they have to shocked for it to make a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Maria Chups View Post
          anyone here seriously think pbf would have 700k ppv and 50k live gate with clottey?

The PPV numbers? Absolutely, maybe even moreso.

The live gate I am sure...

Comment

Originally posted by Maria Chups View Post

It's possible, but it would be hard to get those numbers.

Comment

I really dont see Mayweather or Arum doing business together, I thought this would be the fight that would break the ice because of the magnitude of the fight but it seem nothing can.

Comment

Like Arum made any effort whatsoever to come to any terms other than "THE FIGHT IS OFF, FLOYD CAN GO TO HELL" etc

Comment

Not much really.

The Stadium itself was a huge draw.

The tickets weren't that expensive and people wanted to experience boxing in the new stadium people should've expected 45-50 k.

It wont mean anything in the long run.

You put Mosley-Floyd there theyd have to expand the stadium way past 50,000.

Comment

Originally posted by El Jesus View Post
                    Like Arum made any effort whatsoever to come to any terms other than "THE FIGHT IS OFF, FLOYD CAN GO TO HELL" etc
                    About 3 seperate occassions as well..

Comment

This is no jab at Floyd at all, but I don't think 50k people would go to see Floyd fight Clottey. Pacquiao is an action fighter that people who aren't focused solely on the scientific aspect of Boxing can gravitate to. The fight wasn't very exciting, but I think people more than likely would've been leaving by the 7th-8th round if it were Floyd instead of Clottey. Again, it's no diss to Floyd, but that's just the way he fights and how he'd fight Clottey...being safe and just Boxing to a UD. Many expected Pacquiao to give Clottey a beating, but it was more Pacquiao just being aggressive and at least trying to make a fight out of it.

People pay the see Floyd because of the aura he portrays in the media, as well as people wanting to see someone beat him, along with people who genuinely love watching Floyd fight. But without a big dance partner, people aren't jumping through hoops to pay to see him as proven in his last PPV before his big fight with Oscar (which since then have all been promoted by GBP ironically).

Comment

Working...
                      X