Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Carlos Baldomir the toughest WW Mayweather has fought?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Executioner View Post
    Since when? Gatti's camp didn't want the fight, HE DID. Gatti was gonna walk cuz Floyd took forever to sign on and then Floyd signed at the last minute...

And Margarito sucks...
    he sucks but his resume is still better than floyds. sergio martinez, cintron, clottey, cotto, paul williams, mosley, and golden johnson!. yea he lost a couple times but floyd would probably lose against some of them as well. too bad margarito couldn't lure hatton or marquez to fight him. he would be p4p number 1.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
      it wasn't in play. judah-mayweather was only on if judah got by baldomir. he didn't so it was a dead issue. but then mayweather made another contract where judah got less money and mayweather got more and the fight of the decade was on!
      It helped I guess that Baldomir was too broke to pay the sanctioning fees to the IBF, so Judah still had a title despite coming off a loss.

Comment

Originally posted by £Hank$Moody€ View Post
        It helped I guess that Baldomir was too broke to pay the sanctioning fees to the IBF, so Judah still had a title despite coming off a loss.
        yea floyd was all about the belts. when someone crappy had a belt then its time to add to that 6 weight 7 time champ status but if someone dangerous has a belt he says belts don't mean **** all they collect is dust!

example---

judah- im a 6 weight 7 time champ!
        margarito- belts don't mean ****!
        baldomir- im a 6 weight 7 time champ!
        cotto- belts don't mean ****!
        Last edited by daggum; 03-18-2010, 11:39 PM.

Comment

yea floyd was all about the belts. when someone crappy had a belt then its time to add to that 6 weight 7 time champ status but if someone dangerous has a belt he says belts don't mean **** all they collect is dust!
          Sounds about right. Like how losses mean something to him on one guy, but suddenly mean nothing when he's fighting someone else.

I thought it was great how he was going to fight Mosley if he got by Cotto, but since Cotto won he retired, in spite of everyone calling for that fight to happen.

Comment

Sounds about right. Like how losses mean something to him on one guy, but suddenly mean nothing when he's fighting someone else.

I thought it was great how he was going to fight Mosley if he got by Cotto, but since Cotto won he retired, in spite of everyone calling for that fight to happen.
            cotto was an absolute nobody. but baldomir oh boy what a star. the argentinian journeyman with 9 losses who had been on hbo once in his life.

Comment

it wasn't in play. judah-mayweather was only on if judah got by baldomir. he didn't so it was a dead issue. but then mayweather made another contract where judah got less money and mayweather got more and the fight of the decade was on!
              i know you are joking, but had judah won that fight, it would have actually been something close to that. for years i thought judah was the only threat to mayweather even when he was at 130 and judah was at 140.

thankfully the true p4p battle between baldomir and mayweather was on.

It shattered my world.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Executioner View Post
                Since when? Gatti's camp didn't want the fight, HE DID. Gatti was gonna walk cuz Floyd took forever to sign on and then Floyd signed at the last minute...

And Margarito sucks...
                Thats not exactly true. Gatti actually was doing everything he could to fight mandatories until mayweather essentially forced himself as the WBC #1. After bojado lost to leija, Gatti gave leija a shot, the WBC made mayweather the mandatory and was actually going to strip him.

Gatti and his team were mad because they felt floyds legal **** was gonna get in the way, floyd actually didint take that long to sign onto it, it was just gattis camp giving that impression.

Comment

When did Mayweather say that? Making stuff up again I see.

Comment

Originally posted by Calilloyd View Post
                    When did Mayweather say that? Making stuff up again I see.
                    And here I thought that was common knowledge among boxing fans. Still pretending to know what you're talking about, I see.

Comment

Originally posted by El Jesus View Post
                      Thats not exactly true. Gatti actually was doing everything he could to fight mandatories until mayweather essentially forced himself as the WBC #1.
                      I stand corrected then...I remember to the Countdown to the fight stating Gatti wanted the fight personally but his team wasn't interested...

Comment

Working...
                      X