Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Carlos Baldomir the toughest WW Mayweather has fought?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    you wanted to see mayweather fight a guy that just lost to a journeyman?
    yeah even the casual boxing fan that has HBO knew both fights were not legit

Comment

Originally posted by Al Pacino View Post
      the judah fight was already in play..just like manny fought morales after he lost to raheem...cause the fight was already in play
      it wasn't in play. judah-mayweather was only on if judah got by baldomir. he didn't so it was a dead issue. but then mayweather made another contract where judah got less money and mayweather got more and the fight of the decade was on!

Comment

it wasn't in play. judah-mayweather was only on if judah got by baldomir. he didn't so it was a dead issue. but then mayweather made another contract where judah got less money and mayweather got more and the fight of the decade was on!
        yeah i remembeer that

Comment

and the fight of the decade was on!
          Better fight than Mayweather-Baldomir...

Comment

Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue View Post
            yeah even the casual boxing fan that has HBO knew both fights were not legit
            mayweather's downfall started with his pursuit of gatti. 2 easy eliminators just to fight him when gatti wanted no part of the fight in any way shape or form and knew he couldnt win.

then he fights a guy that lost to a journeyman. then he fights the journeyman. if he wanted to prove he was the best he would have fought margarito who had been a top ranked welterweight for 6 years instead of judah or let margarito destroy baldomir first then fight margarito. remember mayorga, spinks, and judah all shamelessly ducked margarito instead of giving him his shot. and so did floyd "easiest path" mayweather.

Comment

Hatton was Mayweather's toughest fight at WW despite not being a WW which shows what an animal hatton was at 140. Judah fight was competitive for 4 rounds, the Hatton fight competitive for 6. Baldomir fight something of a mismatch despite going 12 rounds.

Comment

mayweather's downfall started with his pursuit of gatti. 2 easy eliminators just to fight him when gatti wanted no part of the fight in any way shape or form and knew he couldnt win..
                Since when? Gatti's camp didn't want the fight, HE DID. Gatti was gonna walk cuz Floyd took forever to sign on and then Floyd signed at the last minute...

And Margarito sucks...

Comment

Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue View Post
                  Who was Mayweather's toughest fight in WW?
                  I would say Zab Judah, I know Baldomir beat him but that was the unfocused undisciplined Judah. Judah was on when he fought Mayweather, except for late in the fight with the nutpunch.

Comment

both Judah and Mayweather have to prove themselves ... with a win streak over some real WW

Comment

i have to say judah was mayweathers toughest fight.it was my first time watching him live and i remember saying to myself "is this what the hype was about?".i thought judah was going to stop him in the early rounds.he hurt mayweather.but then judah gassed out as usual and mayweather figured him out.that was not an easy fight for floyd.could it be that he is bothered by southpaws?

Comment

Working...
                      X