Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can't believe I just watched a LW punk out two top 5 WW's...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by O.S.I.R.I.S View Post
    That is the most shocking thing of all. Watching Manny Pacquiao (who should be fighting at 135) making Cotto run like a coward, and Clottey hide in a shell, scared to exchange. A year ago who would have predicted we'd see something like this happen?
    Even when he was a LW he was steppin in the ring at 143-145 but you are right he has far outdone others expectations. He's outdone those expectations because they saw him go life and death against Marquez twice and get beat up by Moralez. When he was fighting at 135 he really shouldn't have been fighting at 135 the reason his run is great is because he went from a close frontrunner at lightweight to a very very good WW not necessarily because of weight.

Comment

Personally, i consider Manny a super tough LWW beating up legitimate WWs.

Comment

Originally posted by ModernTalking View Post
        Some people don't understand that Pac is still a 1-2 weight division lower fighter. They think that just because Pac is beating on these welter he's def a welter LOL. That Ali Funka or whatever his name is fight at lightweight but come in at 148-149 and he's a lightweight, so does that make him a welter LOL.
        Unfortunately some people can't even grasp this basic concept.

Opponent---Pre-fight weigh in--Weight on Fight night
        Clottey..........145 3/4.................Not released (Rumored 149)
        cotto............144.......................Not released
        Hatton..........138.......................148
        DLH..............142.......................148 1/2
        Diaz..............134 1/2.................147 (diaz was 148)
        Marquez........129.......................145
        MAB.............130.......................144
        Solis.............128 3/4..................Not released
        Morales III.....129.......................144

So as everyone can clearly see...Pac has been the same size since 06. The difference between him weighing 144 (Morales) on fight night as compared to 147 against diaz and all his fights afterwards is mainly due to him going so far down in weight and not being able to rehydrate back up as much.

He can't make 130 (by anymeans) but that is the last time he struggled to make weight. This is why I say its cake for pac to make 135 esp since he was already 142 the day of the weigh in.... without even trying to cut weight during camp or lose any water weight a day b4 the weigh in.
        Last edited by Khalid X; 03-16-2010, 02:01 PM.

Comment

That is the most shocking thing of all. Watching Manny Pacquiao (who should be fighting at 135) making Cotto run like a coward, and Clottey hide in a shell, scared to exchange. A year ago who would have predicted we'd see something like this happen?
          harhar, and would you have imagined 14 years ago, a flyweight would clobber top welterweights, including the then famous welter-middleweight dela Hoya, hahaha.

Comment

Opponent Pre-fight weigh in Weight on Fight night
            Clottey 145 3/4 Not released (Rumored 149)
            cotto 144 Not released
            Hatton 138 148
            DLH- 142 148 1/2
            Diaz 134 1/2 147 (diaz was 148)
            Marquez 129 145
            MAB 130 144
            Solis 128 3/4 Not released
            Morales III 129 144

So as everyone clan clearly see...Pac has been the same size since 06. The difference between him weight 144 on fight night as compared to 147 against diaz and all his fights afterwards is mainly due to him going so far down in weight and not being able to rehydrate back up.

He can't make 130 (by anymeans) but that is the last time he struggled to make weight. This is why I say its cake for pac to make 135 esp since he was already 142 the day of the weigh in without even trying to cut weight during camp or lose any water weight a day b4 the weigh in.
            great post, agreed

Comment

Opponent---Pre-fight weigh in--Weight on Fight night
              Clottey..........145 3/4.................Not released (Rumored 149)
              cotto............144.......................Not released
              Hatton..........138.......................148
              DLH..............142.......................148 1/2
              Diaz..............134 1/2.................147 (diaz was 148)
              Marquez........129.......................145
              MAB.............130.......................144
              Solis.............128 3/4..................Not released
              Morales III.....129.......................144

So as everyone clan clearly see...Pac has been the same size since 06. The difference between him weight 144 on fight night as compared to 147 against diaz and all his fights afterwards is mainly due to him going so far down in weight and not being able to rehydrate back up.

He can't make 130 (by anymeans) but that is the last time he struggled to make weight. This is why I say its cake for pac to make 135 esp since he was already 142 the day of the weigh in without even trying to cut weight during camp or lose any water weight a day b4 the weigh in.
              I don't think he can make 135 easy anymore. But, Pac team agrees with you. And, they know his body more than I do... So you could possibly be right.

Comment

i wonder if any natural middleweight can do that to Clottey. Even against the pre plaster version of Margarito, Clottey had his moments.

Comment

Originally posted by DontHitMyNuts View Post
                  prior to the de la hoya fight, this entire forum's ****tin on pac saying he's just in it for the beatdown and the payday

everyone in here got ****ing owned
                  this is completely true, myself included

Comment

so you expect him to weight 135 on fight night. Now current lightweight does that not even superfeatherweights. Pac should be at LW but his talent and skills allows him to dominate top 5 WW's.
                    i very much agree with you, a LW fighter dominating the elites of the WW division.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                      If Floyd, beats Shane. And, Pavlik beats Martinez. And, Pac beats Floyd and Pavlik? Just those two wins?

I will say top 15... Maybe top 10 arguably top 10.

That mean he would of won a lineal champ at featherweight and at middleweight. Something that I only think Henry Armstrong came close to do.

I think that would be 4 lineal titles in 4 of the original 8 weight-classes? I don't think nobody has done that before. That would be a crazy accomplishment.

If Pac does that he will be up there.

Hahahaahah

Thank goodness you're not an official jounalist.

Arguably TOP 10 after beating Floyd and Pavlik????

Thats a total of 6 Lineal Title.

I bet Ezzard Charles still ranks ahead of him

Comment

Working...
                      X