Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can't believe I just watched a LW punk out two top 5 WW's...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
    Yea that cuz the money wasn't right, and JMM was asking 50-50. JMM was coming down from a shutout...

Now I say it again. Arum said that they would go down to 135 for a big money fight. If JMM beats Diaz in Mexico. And, if JMM comes down from the crazy 50-50 demand. The fight at Cowboys stadium might be enough money for Pac to go down at 135 to fight JMM....
    Dont forget the OST's JMM wants.

Juan Diaz is finished that win wont make JMM-Pac 3 Big.

Comment

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
      5 linear titles in the original 8 weight divisions. Pac had the linear flyweight title. Would that change anything for you???

BTW im laughing on the inside right now just thinking about how Pacquiao would even go about trying to hit the 6ft 2 pavlik. lol
      It would be 4 bro not 5. I counted flyweight. The original 8 weight-classes that Pac won the lineal belt was at flyweight, featherweight, if he beats the winner of Shane-Floyd it would be WW and if he beats Pavlik it would be MW. That is 4 of the original 8.

Pac can still win the lineal LW title if he would fight JMM at 135. Not would make it 5 in the original. And, I would say yea top 10. And, he skipped Bantamweight division. If he would of won the lineal belt there it would of been 6 of the original 8. That would of been crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by O.S.I.R.I.S View Post
        You think pac can beat Pavlik?
        No way, Pac wouldnt last more than 3,4 rounds. He takes to many punches, Pavlik would unload on him and it would be good night.

Comment

You think pac can beat Pavlik?
          I think he could, he would have to fight the perfect fight though. And, never stay in front of Pavlik

Comment

Originally posted by Kalion View Post
            No way, Pac wouldnt last more than 3,4 rounds. He takes to many punches, Pavlik would unload on him and it would be good night.
            Yeah Pavliks stops him fairly easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Zarco View Post
              I saw a lighweight punk out two top 5 WW's back in 06. I have seen countless other's do that as well, De La Hoya, Mosley, the list goes on.
              You call May over baldomir....a LW punking out a top 5 WW? Im sorry but that boring ass fight doesn't fit that bill.

Also Neither Mosley or DLH did that? Win...but not "punk out". You have to realize that when I said that I mean having Two Top WW's scared ****list by refusing to fight. Tell me when Has Mosley or DLH done that?

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
                Dont forget the OST's JMM wants.

Juan Diaz is finished that win wont make JMM-Pac 3 Big.
                He would drop that **** in the end... GBP has kinda went away from that whole OST thing with Pac. Schafer first said that there fighters will ask for it. But, now reading Schafer comments I get the feeling that they want to get away from that. They don't want to seem like they are questioning him.

Comment

You call May over baldomir....a LW punking out a top 5 WW? Im sorry but that boring ass fight doesn't fit that bill.

Also Neither Mosley or DLH did that? Win...but not "punk out". You have to realize that when I said that I mean having Two Top WW's scared ****list by refusing to fight. Tell me when Has Mosley or DLH done that?
                  Thats more of a knock to Cotto and Clottey then it is a credit to Pac.

Cotto wasnt the same fighter.

And Clottey is just a punk.

Comment

On top of the fact that Pac out his own mouth said he feels perfect at WW because he gets to eat alot.

On top of the fact that Pac wanted a third JMM fight at 145....NOT 135.
                    Him telling JMM that a fight at 145 is a nice way of blowing Marquez off. You gotta understand that is how boxing works. If someone is that adamant about wanting to fight you and you really don't wanna give them the time of day, you just make a ridiculous demand and the fight is off. This is a tactic that has been around since the beginning of boxing.

Who wouldn't feel good about not having to go through the hassle of cutting weight and not enjoying the foods you love. If 99% of boxers could do that and be competetive at there walk around weight, they would but they can't so they cut weight for a competitive advantage.

BTW why is it so hard to believe that a 142lb Pacquiao, who didn't even try to cut weight but gain it, can't lose 7lbs of water weight to make 135? Boxers lose twice as much as that and still look good fight night.

Comment

Thats more of a knock to Cotto and Clottey then it is a credit to Pac.

Cotto wasnt the same fighter.

And Clottey is just a punk.
                      But that's not the point. The point is both are top 5 WW and Pac is a guy that should naturally be fighting at LW....yet he punked out both come fight night.

Comment

Working...
                      X