No announcement yet.

Is Mosley vs Mayweather for the Lineal Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
    Not to hijack the thread. But, on the p4p thread you mentioned Anselmo Moreno. Who I think is really one of the most underrated fighters in the sport. And, I give him a 50-50 shot to beat Hasegawa. My question is if Moreno beats Cermeno, who is also a good fighter, does Moreno crack the top 10 P4P list?
    He'd have a solid case based on his run in winning and defending his belt. Not sure without seeing a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
      He'd have a solid case based on his run in winning and defending his belt. Not sure without seeing a fight.
      Have you done the the top 25 HWs of all time? I saw part 1 but is part 2 done?

Comment

Not to hijack the thread. But, on the p4p thread you mentioned Anselmo Moreno. Who I think is really one of the most underrated fighters in the sport. And, I give him a 50-50 shot to beat Hasegawa. My question is if Moreno beats Cermeno, who is also a good fighter, does Moreno crack the top 10 P4P list?
        Naw Bruh. Keep asking the questions that you are asking. I am learning right along with you from Cliff. Say do you know if the Hasegawa vs. Moreno match is going to be televised?

Comment

Have you done the the top 25 HWs of all time? I saw part 1 but is part 2 done?
          Yes. Not sure when it's running but it's turned in. Keep eyes peeled.

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
          Naw Bruh. Keep asking the questions that you are asking. I am learning right along with you from Cliff. Say do you know if the Hasegawa vs. Moreno match is going to be televised?
          Not Moreno (we can hope for later). Montiel. And not sure.

Comment

mayweathere vs pacquiao will be for 147lbs domination

Comment

Cliff, I really appreciate your appearance in this thread to answer these questions indepth. I am soaking up your knowledge of this sport, and have a greater understanding of the inner workings of our sport.

I have a question though. History shows that at one time there was one belt per weight class, as time has passed and jr. divisions were added, as well as sanctioning bodies. My question is.......How is lineage traced through the separate sanctioning bodies back to the "original" one belt?

Comment

Yes. Not sure when it's running but it's turned in. Keep eyes peeled.

Not Moreno (we can hope for later). Montiel. And not sure.
                Thanks. My fault.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
                  Cliff, I really appreciate your appearance in this thread to answer these questions indepth. I am soaking up your knowledge of this sport, and have a greater understanding of the inner workings of our sport.

I have a question though. History shows that at one time there was one belt per weight class, as time has passed and jr. divisions were added, as well as sanctioning bodies. My question is.......How is lineage traced through the separate sanctioning bodies back to the "original" one belt?
                  It's not in all cases. Sometimes the lineage falls vacant. usually a new lineage can be identified through a process of elimination. Easiest way is picking up all the belts. If one can't for politic reasons but beats all the top contenders, that can also work. In the case of Flyweight, Canto was the recognized king in the late 70s, the man he beat twice (after a loss in their first) Betulio Gonzalez won the other available belt late in his reign, solidifying what was widely perceived anyways. That happened to be the WBC belt and, through circumstance, remains a straight line lineage; the longest running right now.

Comment

mosley didnt retire, he is still there and willing to fight the best competition out there.
                    he is #1 at ww, and im not even a fan of him.

Comment

It's not in all cases. Sometimes the lineage falls vacant. usually a new lineage can be identified through a process of elimination. Easiest way is picking up all the belts. If one can't for politic reasons but beats all the top contenders, that can also work. In the case of Flyweight, Canto was the recognized king in the late 70s, the man he beat twice (after a loss in their first) Betulio Gonzalez won the other available belt late in his reign, solidifying what was widely perceived anyways. That happened to be the WBC belt and, through circumstance, remains a straight line lineage; the longest running right now.
                      Thanks Cliff. That clears up my question in regards to tracing lineage. Now I have another question in gardsto a point that you made earlier of the Johnson vs. Jeffries bout, and Johnson obtaining the lineal rights by beating Jim.

Tommy Burns won that belt off of win over Marvin Hart. Marvin Hart fought for the vacant title left by Jeffries. Being that Jeffries was not going to un-retire until he was begged to do so by the nation(US). It is safe to say that Jeffries would not have come out of retirement if Jack did not beat Tommy in Australia, right?

I thought that by design(being that there was only one belt) Marvin was not the Lineal champ because he fought for a vacant belt. But Tommy on the other hand was the lineal champ because he beat Marvin for the strap, which in turn would make Jack the lineal champ since he beat Tommy. From how you have explained how lineage transfers hands. If Jack would not have beat Tommy then HW lineage would have been lost, what would have been done in that case?

Comment

Working...
                      X