Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roy Jones: "Hopkins has ONLY beat small fighters"--DO YOU AGREE?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
    Didn't he fight at MW into his 40's?
    yeah well hopkins himself said in ring mag, if we knew what he had to go through to stay at middleweight all those years, he would get a gold ribbon for that....

to me thats the same as saying, that he scaled down years ago, and maintained the weight thru very strict training and diet...the excuse that nasa000, and all the other hopkins pundits love to use to excuse him for the taylor losses is that he was weakening himself making the weight because he was older...at the same time those fools feel his natural weight was 160, can't have it both ways....

Comment

• Originally posted by Easy Work Jr. View Post
      hopkins hasnt had a legitimate KO since 2001...against a natural WW

IDK if he is KO'ing Jones
      dude, tito was not a natural WW at the time. He was dominating 154 before he won a belt at 160. Tito was damn near 6 feet tall, he grew into his body...

Comment

• Originally posted by djtmal View Post
        yeah well hopkins himself said in ring mag, if we knew what he had to go through to stay at middleweight all those years, he would get a gold ribbon for that....

to me thats the same as saying, that he scaled down years ago, and maintained the weight thru very strict training and diet...the excuse that nasa000, and all the other hopkins pundits love to use to excuse him for the taylor losses is that he was weakening himself making the weight because he was older...at the same time those fools feel his natural weight was 160, can't have it both ways....
        B Hop was weakening himself during 20+ title defenses?

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
          dude, tito was not a natural WW at the time. He was dominating 154 before he won a belt at 160. Tito was damn near 6 feet tall, he grew into his body...
          ok...my bad...

a guy that was MOVING up divisions

Comment

yeah well
            yeah well uh

lmao running out of excuses bro

Ooohh, hopkins said in the ring magazine, bro you're a broken record, spit the same **** every time. Wow, hopkins told the ring magazine how awesome he is because he's such a hard worker and has a strict diet. Not like hopkins ever inflates how great he is!!

When did I ever say that? quote me I'll donate you 5 million points.

I've always maintained that by the top hopkins fought taylor he was 40 years old and his punch output had decreased a lot by then and he simply didn't throw enough punches to impress the judges, just like the calzaghe loss.
            Last edited by ИATAS; 03-08-2010, 05:44 PM.

Comment

makes no sense huh? this guy djtmal doesn't give hopkins the slightest of respect, I really do believe it's something personal, like hopkins beat up his older brother years ago or some ****

Comment

makes no sense huh? this guy djtmal doesn't give hopkins the slightest of respect, I really do believe it's something personal, like hopkins beat up his older brother years ago or some ****
                lmao...

Comment

where do i say hopkins was weakening himself..

Comment

where do i say hopkins was weakening himself..
                    You said he was weight drained for over 20 fights. That would mean you're weakening yourself. Unless you don't understand the terminology.

Or you're suggesting that Hopkins is some sort of super-human, one that can weight drain himself for almost 20 years and not lose power, stamina, speed, or skills, something no other man in boxing could accomplish.

So you could be in fact be saying what hopkins has done no other man in the sport has accomplished, ever.

I guess you really do rate hopkins as one of the greatest ever - he went undefeated for 12 years weight drained. Thanks for your special input
                    Last edited by ИATAS; 03-08-2010, 05:48 PM.

Comment

yeah but hopkins didn't get KO'd by Tarver or Glen Johnson

hopkins would have ko'd all those taxi drivers too, don't forget
                      Yeah...Hopkins stopped him.

Comment

Working...
                      X