Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roy Jones: "Hopkins has ONLY beat small fighters"--DO YOU AGREE?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
    Yes, I'm a aware
    Think Hagler Leonard

Comment

• Originally posted by .Buddha. View Post
      Think Hagler Leonard
      Not seeing the similarities between the two fights...

Comment

Yes, I'm a aware
        so you are picking Jones NATAS?

Comment

• Originally posted by Easy Work Jr. View Post
          Of course he is..

Comment

The only bigger guys that Hopkins has fought is Clinton Mitchell and Tarver (the American Clinton Woods)

What I also find interesting is the Hopkins made his pro debut weighing just as much as Evander Holyfield 177 (cw). Eavnder stays at cw and eventually moves up to hw,while Hopkins moves down three divisions instead.
            that is the most amazing thing...hopkins first fight @ lightheavy he loses, and scales down to middleweight over a year and a half period...i can't think of any fighter who has done this...you look at hagler, he lost 1 or 2 early fights @ middleweight, he didn't scale down to the welterweight division..., but hopkins seems to get a pass for this...of course, the consensus excuse for hopkins fans far and wide is he just got out of prison...

Comment

What's so interesting about it? 1988 hopkins was fresh out of prison and didn't have proper training. After his first fight, he took 2 years off and got in shape.

standard textbook hopkins excuse

Comment

• Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
                Of course he is..
                how do you see the fight playing out Reed?

Comment

yeah. REED bet me 10 million Hopkins would win by TKO, I bet him Jones would win by wide decision...

Comment

how do you see the fight playing out Reed?
                    I'll get back to you.

Although a lot of my opinion is based on what I think Roy can still do... he very well may not be able to do what I think he can.

Comment

You want me to believe that with his big chance to do something with his life he turns up out of shape? I find that hard to believe its more likely that Hopkins just didnt know how to drain himself back then.

bingo...

he lost to an equally sized, equally talented fighter....nothing more or less...

btw don't waste your time trying to prove anything to nasa000 about hopkins being a natural lightheavy....i put up quotes from hopkins in ring mag admitting that he scaled down and starved himself to stay @ 160 for years, and this numbnut still will say hopkins just got out of jail...

Comment

Working...
                      X