Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roy Jones: "Hopkins has ONLY beat small fighters"--DO YOU AGREE?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by .Buddha. View Post
    Style wise Pavlik was made for Hopkins it was Johnson Hopkins II at lhw. A slow limited puncher that has only a jab and a straight right hand against a great counter puncher. The fight shouldnt of happen though Hopkins needs to fight a non shot lhw or retire imo.

hopkins cherrypicks a high profile middleweight who has to move up two divisions to fight him, and all of his nutthuggers like nasa000 are starry eyed....you would have thought he just beat a dawson or adamek the way they were carrying on...says he's gonna fight the winner of dawson/johnson or ademek, instead we get shot roy jones who is now calling himself the terminator....lol

Comment

• Originally posted by djtmal View Post
      hopkins cherrypicks a high profile middleweight who has to move up two divisions to fight him, and all of his nutthuggers like nasa000 are starry eyed....you would have thought he just beat a dawson or adamek the way they were carrying on...says he's gonna fight the winner of dawson/johnson or ademek, instead we get shot roy jones who is now calling himself the terminator....lol
      Ive read about that, great stuff

I would seriously lol if Jones beats Hopkins as well you can only keep cherrypicking before it blows up in your face like Hagler Leonard

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
        don't waste your time with that guy, I already exposed him for what he is. His entire internet history (google search his username) on various websites goes back about 6-7 years hating on hopkins lol. his obsessional is far beyond rational thinking.
        meanwhile, the current polls read 72% feel that hopkins only beat smaller men...

Comment

• Originally posted by djtmal View Post
          meanwhile, the current polls read 72% feel that hopkins only beat smaller men...
          The only bigger guys that Hopkins has fought is Clinton Mitchell and Tarver (the American Clinton Woods)

What I also find interesting is the Hopkins made his pro debut weighing just as much as Evander Holyfield 177 (cw). Eavnder stays at cw and eventually moves up to hw,while Hopkins moves down three divisions instead.
          Last edited by Toney616; 03-08-2010, 04:37 PM.

Comment

The only bigger guys that Hopkins has fought is Clinton Mitchell and Tarver (the American Clinton Woods)
            Glen Johnson and Segundo Mercado. Further, just look at boxrec, look at bhops weights at 160. he almost always weighed less than his opponent.

Comment

What I also find interesting is the Hopkins made his pro debut weighing just as much as Evander Holyfield 177 (cw). Eavnder stays at cw and eventually moves up to hw,while Hopkins moves down three divisions instead.
              What's so interesting about it? 1988 hopkins was fresh out of prison and didn't have proper training. After his first fight, he took 2 years off and got in shape.

Comment

What's so interesting about it? 1988 hopkins was fresh out of prison and didn't have proper training. After his first fight, he took 2 years off and got in shape.
                You want me to believe that with his big chance to do something with his life he turns up out of shape? I find that hard to believe its more likely that Hopkins just didnt know how to drain himself back then.

Comment

You want me to believe that with his big chance to do something with his life he turns up out of shape? I find that hard to believe its more likely that Hopkins just didnt know how to drain himself back then.
                  so you want me to believe that hopkins fought weight drained for almost 20 years? lmao, do you realize what you're suggesting? You can't dominate a division and be weight drained for that many years. You cant be weight drained and weigh in at 156, 157 and 158 on a regular basis.

the man was and always has been in tremendous shape. Can't fault a man for that.

Comment

so you want me to believe that hopkins fought weight drained for almost 20 years? lmao, do you realize what you're suggesting? You can't dominate a division and be weight drained for that many years. You cant be weight drained and weigh in at 156, 157 and 158 on a regular basis.

the man was and always has been in tremendous shape. Can't fault a man for that.
                    Hopkins is going to lose to Jones the Terminator you know that, right?

Comment

Hopkins is going to lose to Jones the Terminator you know that, right?
                      Yes, I'm a aware

Comment

Working...
                      X