Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather is making ESPN feel suspicious about Manny Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mazdaru View Post
    yeah good luck with that, if floyd and GBP were worried and this "lawsuit" was real, their legal team would be telling them to shut their moouths. the fact that pac isnt going after Malinaggi would surely poke a hole through pacs case and it questions his intent for suing in the first pace
    Add that and the fact that this "defamation/libel suit" is being run by a celebrity attorney who does NOT specialize in defamation suits...then you start to think things are seeming bizarre.I think it was more of a publicity stunt-why wouldn't Manny sue the NY Times, Teddy Atlas, Paulie Malignaggi, and anyone else who has questioned Pacquiao?
    Even if it was a real suit-it would be too hard to win.The people making the comments can claim that those were not the exact words,they were taken out of context,etc- at the end of it,the Mayweather's (sr and co) wouldn't be reliable sources to sway public opinion anyways....it would also be tough to prove that Manny's reputation has been tarnished anyways.He is not losing income based on these statements,and has plenty of people who were willing to fight him at the time that these statements were made....
    Anyways,no court could prove Pacquiao "innocent" of the statements made by the NY Times, Atlas, Mayweathers, etc (only Manny can prove he doesn't do drugs/PEDs)-especially when he has a chance to do strict testing,but instead goes to Dallas where they will not test him.At the end of the day,Manny's rigidity is doing more harm than the Mayweathers statements...
    Last edited by damned1974; 03-03-2010, 02:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by illmatickid View Post
      see....if that was floyd that said no to drug testing and his excuse was
      "oh i will feel weak for the fight, i'm in heavy training"...or "he doesnt make the rules"

...well i dont even know what woulda happened... the world would be in CHAOS

but since its manny saying it.. "oh its fine"

......talk about double standards
      roger knows that pac man is on drugs cuz he is the one sellin it to him

Comment

• Originally posted by Famoso Matador View Post
        Me and my friends argue all the time about the merits Pacquiao had on adding that stipulation in the contract .
        I agree completely the stipulation was there to keep Cotto from being 100% at fight night. For me, every fight Pacquiao has been in where he has asked for his own weight limit will have an asterisk next to it.
        But there are two sides to every coin, Cotto did not have to agree. It was complete bull**** that it was a title fight, but cotto thought it was a winnable fight so he agreed.
        The Pacquiao vs Mayweather fight was all but signed and Mayweather threw the drug allegations into Pacquiao's face, it was also bull****. Who is Mayweather to dictate anything? He is still on a comeback, Pacquiao is on a high, Pacquiao has the leverage at this point.
        I don't think Mayweathers past can be ignored, he or his team have gone out of there way to avoid high risk fighters, I don't think this time it is any different.
        There are about 20 threads on this topic, with people getting sonned left and right by those backed with facts. We should all know them by heart right now. There is no excuse for comments like this anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by gancho_al_igado View Post
          Iam starting to see more questions being asked by media members weather Mannys using PEDS since the Mayweather bout fall out. Today idk if you guys caught it but on the 6 PM ET Sportscenter they did a little peace on how the Texas commision said that the Pacquiao vs Clottey fight will not have prefight drug screening. They made it seem like "hey guys this guys on something", and that dude Mark from ESPN on that Mayweather interview was also suspicious. Fellas ESPN is the biggest media sports outlet out there and if there suspicious then the rest will follow, I think Manny should take some test and release the results publicly cus its really starting to hurt him.
          I've said it before and i'll say it again, NOTHING Mayweather or anyone else has said can cast more doubt on Pacquiao then his own actions, and these kind of questions will continue until he chooses to take some form of random blood testing or he retires.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            There are about 20 threads on this topic, with people getting sonned left and right by those backed with facts. We should all know them by heart right now. There is no excuse for comments like this anymore.
            Green K sent.

Comment

• Floyd is an idiot , I mean Jr. and Sr. along with Roger. Pac agreed to a blood test 30 days before and right after the fight. If you look up what the guy says that gives the blood tests says, Pacs compliance would make more sense than floyds demand of 14 days before the fight. He said basicaly he could have had the benefits of peds months ago. Now you have Roger saying he is on some A-Side Meth that doesnt even exist. Its all BS. Let Atlas and any other idiot say what they want to. They are so bias when it comes to American fighters.Floyd is known for making excuses, now that he has to fight a real fighter albeit Mosley is past his prime, he is going to expose PBF and show he was never really all that.

Comment

• Manny should try suing himself, and anyone associated with his camp. They've done more to tarnish his reputation than any of the Mayweathers. What people fail to realize is that nobody pays much attention to what Floyd Sr., and Roger say. People do however take note when a PED situation is handled as poorly as team Pacman handled the testing proposal.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                  Enlighten me, hook me up with some links to these threads.
                  I looked through three pages of thread titles and didn't see anything that caught my eye.

Comment

• Originally posted by Famoso Matador View Post
                    Enlighten me, hook me up with some links to these threads.
                    Pick a thread, any thread - there are 15 a day. Try to be objective.

God speed.

Comment

• Originally posted by gancho_al_igado View Post
                      I understand that but when its getting to the point where your Public Image is getting ****ed than you need to act now, remember were in a Generation filled with steroid violations so the public wants to see proof. This is getting bigger than what Mayweather wants, its now about his image. I was sitting at the poker table the other day and people doubt him, that aint good. I for one, really hope hes not on ****. I like Manny Pacquiao but i love boxing in general and dont want people talking **** on how our best fighter is using ****.
                      I agree with you, but i mean this whole thing started because floyd's family accused him, which is ridiculous. I mean its tough for manny, for me i wouldn't want to do the testing because its like why the hell should i, this guy accused me of using with no evidence, its not like some educated boxing expert came out and accused manny. but on the other hand its getting to a point where he is making a lot of people feel like he is on something because he wont do the testing. the one thing i will always take mannys back on is the fact that it was his potential opponent and his family that started the steroid thing, and it was from a guy that said he would whoop his ass anyways. floyd says he wants to evolve the sport by doing these test's yet he never cared with JMM or any previous fighters. if kobe and lebron were to play against each other in the finals, again, and one of them accused the other of steroid use before the series, with no evidence or proof, and said he wanted him tested, do you think the accused would comply? i dont know, wouldn't suprise if they did, but than again both of them can spit out a sentence in english without sounding like a crack head. I am really split on the whole topic but i will continue to take manny's back because he is the most entertaining fighter on the planet and floyd is one of the most boring. even with steroids, the guy is a warrior and that is a lot more than i can say for floyd.

Comment

Working...
                      X