Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hector Camacho's infamous "N*gga"-Interview with Larry Merchant !!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oc9979 View Post
    see thats the problem. It is not ok for any other race to use it, but within black people it is ok. I dont use the work because I dont like the word and im puerto rican so i dont talk like that. but if it is ok for jay z or akon to use it why is not ok for fat joe to use it.
    personally, its sort of taboo among other races because it was used to demean black people as a whole and usage of it now is to counter the dergatory meaning of the former. non-blacks using it is more attached to vernacular or to simplify it, apart of a trend. for blacks its usage was passed from generation to generation.

like you my family is from puerto rico, but im black, my mother is half black african half spanish white from puerto rico, therefore for me its not a big deal.

Comment

In order for the word to not be use any longer. Black people and hip hop have to stop using it.

I have never seen hispanic calling themselve spics or white people calling themselve cracker or honky.(unless they are joking).
      I personally dont like the word ni99a at all. I hate when I go to the mall and this guys about my age they are like, Ni99a this and yo ni99a. why cant another word be use. wouldnt it be easier to just say "yo this happened" instead of "yo ni99a, this happened"

Comment

"Nigga" comment aside, I thought that was way cool how he openly called out everyone right there. Nowadays a fighter, upon questioned on potential opponents, will just clam up and say "Speak to my promoter". Bull**** to that! I want to hear more guys call out entire divisions like that.

Comment

Fat Joe always say that word and he is a rican

Comment

Originally posted by Two Clips View Post
            What I'm saying is some look black/african american and probably use the word all the time and have been called that many times before. It's well known that PR have african roots and if they don't it still has lots to do with the way they were raised and hip hop culture for reasons why they are using the word. I'm black and wouldn't feel offended if a PR used the word in a playful type of way. It all depends on how it's used in my book, just my opinion.
            thats because their race is Black, but their ethnicity is hispanic, nationality PRican.

people seem to think PRican is the race. its the nationality. Ethnicities house the races or mixture of races.

Comment

Originally posted by oc9979 View Post
              In order for the word to not be use any longer. Black people and hip hop have to stop using it.

I have never seen hispanic calling themselve spics or white people calling themselve cracker or honky.(unless they are joking).
              I personally dont like the word ni99a at all. I hate when I go to the mall and this guys about my age they are like, Ni99a this and yo ni99a. why cant another word be use. wouldnt it be easier to just say "yo this happened" instead of "yo ni99a, this happened"
              i couldnt agree more. the prob is, blacks dont realize other blacks used it, back in the day, derogatorily against each other(N.I.G.G.E.R, that is)...i didnt know that.

one day i was talking to my mom and she was sayiing how she hates that blacks think that the word can be changed into something good when it cant.

of couse, i said it could and has. but then she told me the reason why her generation doesnt like it and why the impact and pain behind the word can never be changed which was b/c blacks used to use the word as a put down towards each other the same way whites and other races used/use it against us. so n*gga can never be positive

when she toold me this, i was floored and it totally changed my perspective on the word. i havent said it since

Comment

WTF is so infamous. He is a nigga too.

Comment

Originally posted by TortillaWarrior View Post

**** like this isn't surprising. Real Black Africans from Africa, are not light skinned people at all. They're quite dark. Any Black person in america lighter than a bruise is most likely mixed with something else.
                  Black people from Ethiopia, Sudan, Guinea or some from Congo are pretty light skinned.
                  People from Ghana, Senegal, Nigeria are very black, sometimes blue.

Comment

You ever heard a Fat Joe song? His real name is Jose Cartegena- PR to the bone. But he says nigg@ all the time. I had mad Rican friends who spoke like that. A lot of them got African roots.

Comment

Working...
                    X