Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hatton-Mayweather revisited : Joe Cortez won the fight for Floyd...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cotto-Rulez View Post
    The ref gave Hatton all his chances. Hell, even Floyd gave Hatton a chance, chosing to fight on the inside, where Hatton is at his best.
    Floyd didn't even dream about fighting on the inside until the later rounds when Hatton was fkd from Cortez's nonsense, he's a outside backfoot dancer not a come forward fighter and he's smart enough to know that.

Comment

The sad thing is that Mayweather wasn't even trying for a knockout, he just landed a lucky punch moving backwards.

That was about the 100 time he tried that same move and it he missed the entire fight.
      That left hook wasn't a lucky punch. He tried the same move throughout the fight and gradually it became more successful. In the 8th round it landed and put Hatton in a situation where he was almost TKOed, in the 10th round he had it timed to perfection.

Calling it luck is ******.

The fight could have been ended in the 8th round, the 9th round Floyd just seasoned Hatton up.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
        That left hook wasn't a lucky punch. He tried the same move throughout the fight and gradually it became more successful. In the 8th round it landed and put Hatton in a situation where he was almost TKOed, in the 10th round he had it timed to perfection.

Calling it luck is ******.

The fight could have been ended in the 8th round, the 9th round Floyd just seasoned Hatton up.
        I still can't believe Ricky never caught on to that. Floyd was nailing him with the check left hook the entire night. I forget what punch Hatton was with leading with that was running him into this punch, but I know he lept in with a left hook the final time.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully jr View Post
          The sad thing is that Mayweather wasn't even trying for a knockout, he just landed a lucky punch moving backwards.

That was about the 100 time he tried that same move and it he missed the entire fight.

Cortez definitely screwed Hatton in that fight for sure.

It was like watching a criminal act taking place before my eyes the way he officiated that night.

Its clear he was on the take.

Yeah I said it.

sad is that u know nothing about boxing.....literally nothing...u have seen this fight once and clearly even then you weren't really watching.....!!!!!......he hit hatton with the exact same check hook in the exact same corner in the exact same situqtion in round 8...lucky punch my ass!!!!!!!....it was the check hook in rd 8 that started all of Hattons problems......he was looking for that check from the early rds.....and if u knew anything about boxing you would know a check left hook is prob the hardest punch to execute correctly in a professional match.....so to execute a perfect one essentially as a KO punch is incredible.........

That punch was picture perfect and will be shown with others of it's kind for years to come.........

please learn boxing before posting on here.......learn to actually watch a fight and be able to see what is really going on.........you just make yourself look foolish!!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
            change it to dave parris and Mayweather gets beaten into the corner and kept there

if you go watch the first couple of rounds of Ruiz/Jones, Ruiz was fked over by the ref in the same way for the more marketable star Jones

yet we watch Calzaghe/Hopkins and the US name Hopkins is allowed to hold on all night, Calzaghe had to beat him and the ref.

Kessler/Ward, Billy Goat Ward is allowed to butt two massive holes above Kessler's eyes so he can't see for ****

The biggest US star always has the officials ref it to their advantage. I'm glad they took some of their own medicine when Froch got the decision over Dirrell, hope they enjoyed it and hope there's more to come in future to even up the balance.

And let's hope Mayweather's cowardice in not fighting Pac leads to more steroid exposures and proper testing in the sport so the likes of Jones and Mosley can be caught quicker next time.

Being Australian i like to think of myself as impartial when it comes to US v Europe.....given that it is pretty clear UK and European fighters get a much fairer shake in USA (especially Vegas) than US fighters like Dirrell get in the UK.....and lets not even talk about what happens in Germany............

Comment

Originally posted by check hook View Post
              Being Australian i like to think of myself as impartial when it comes to US v Europe.....given that it is pretty clear UK and European fighters get a much fairer shake in USA (especially Vegas) than US fighters like Dirrell get in the UK.....and lets not even talk about what happens in Germany............
              yeah Aussies are real fans of English sports teams/fighters...

Comment

Originally posted by soyotoyapex View Post
                The fight will have certainly ended with a TKO/KO win by Hatton if it werent for the the timely interfering by ref Cortez everytime Hatton seems to be taking Floyd where he wants him to be.

The referee should be at least honored by Floyd fans as he exerted extra effort in refereeing while at the same time making sure that Floyd can execute his plan.
                I think Joe did a great job that night. If you watch the fight, he warned both fighters whenever he needed to warn them. Ricky's fighting style only worked for him because he fought in the UK alot and the refs allowed him to fight his fight. He holds and hits alot and Cortez was right in breaking them up whenever this happens. He also warned Floyd when Floyd used the elbow or forearm or when he hit and hold. He did an excellent job. He had to take control of the fight before it got out of hand. At one point, Hatton even tried to break PBF's elbow in a clinch.

Floyd beat Hatton fair and square. Watch the 4th Round and the 8th. It's one of the best displays of ring generalship, boxing, accurate punching, use of forehand and elbows effectively, feinting and overall control of a fight. Floyd was amazing too watch.

However, you must also take into account that the PBF hype machine was responsible for making most of the boxing public believe that Hatton was a credible challenger at 147, which was so far from the truth. PBF won the fight even before it was signed. Chavez had nothing to do with it.

Now go take Pac's balls out of your mouth.

Comment

nor do you judging by your following comments

there were videos made of all Floyd's dirty moves ducking down, throwing elbows, holding on etc etc

If you think Cortez was fair you're delusional, and if you think the fight game is clean in respect to judges and officiating then it's the same thing.

Put Hatton and Mayweather in a room with no ref and see who comes out walking. I know who it won't be.
                  I have a view point that many others would agree with. Do you remember when people made polls about your scorecard? No one had Hatton winning that fight. No one. The most common scorecards were anywhere for 2-3 rounds for Hatton and the rest all to Mayweather.

Cortez handled the fight ****ty because he called timeouts during the rounds to warn both fighters. Hatton did most of the fouling, yes Mayweather did his fairshare too, but Hatton did the majority of it. He let Hatton fight, but he didn't let him throw illegal punches. He did the same thing with Calzaghe and Hopkins. He allowed Hopkins and Calzaghe to hold as long as they weren't throwing illegal ****. And if he really had bias against brit fighters he would have deducted points from Calzaghe for those "low blows" in that fight. Cortez is a terrible ref, but he handled Calzaghe Hopkins fine. He handled Mayweather Hatton mediocre, but it didn't effect the fight. If you want to see him **** up a fight watch Soto-Lorenzo.

The whole put them in a room together **** is ****** anyway. It would never happen and even if it did, Mayweather would kick his ass because Hatton wouldn't be in ring shape anyway. It would never happen. Hatton lost fair and square. He got knocked out.

Comment

yeah Aussies are real fans of English sports teams/fighters...

we hate yank sportspeople and athletes more when they compete against ours than we do the brits..........especially in swimming

also we have a talent pool of 22 million people......we punch above our weight class when it comes to producing world class athletes.............

Comment

Try to be objective and assess Cortez regardless of who would win the fight anyways. Did Cortez allow Mayweather illegally use his elbow?

Comment

Working...
                      X