Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hatton-Mayweather revisited : Joe Cortez won the fight for Floyd...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
    This is funny this is now considered trolling because about a couple months after the fight happened, non floyd fans/ricky fans (I refuse to use the term "haters") used this as a legit excuse why Hatton lost....
    it's considered trolling because of the way the TS went about the thread, he was actually trolling.

Cortez is the reason Hatton was KO'd, of that there's no doubt in my mind. He forced him to chase the fight with his ****ty points deduction and broke them up so often it forced Hatton onto the outside where Floyd wanted him.

Hatton outworked Floyd in a lot of the rounds but what was clear is he wasn't hurting him and that had a lot to do with Hatton's power (or lack of it) at 147

Comment

lol, Hatton isnt really an elite fighter, no offense to all hatton fans, but floyd was just the better man that night. Whether you change the ref that night results would probably be tha same.

Comment

I don't really like Floyd, I think he's a douche, but I can't take that win away from him, he beat Hatton by K.O. not by decision, so no Cortez did not win the fight for Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
          it's considered trolling because of the way the TS went about the thread, he was actually trolling.

Cortez is the reason Hatton was KO'd, of that there's no doubt in my mind. He forced him to chase the fight with his ****ty points deduction and broke them up so often it forced Hatton onto the outside where Floyd wanted him.

Hatton outworked Floyd in a lot of the rounds but what was clear is he wasn't hurting him and that had a lot to do with Hatton's power (or lack of it) at 147
          Not really getting into this because you don't have an objective viewpoint (you had Hatton winning at the time Floyd knocked him the hell out....). He wasn't hurting floyd because Floyd was slipping the punches and out working him on the inside. Hatton didn't land **** and only won 2 rounds in that fight. Floyd got warned for **** too, but it was Hatton who was doing more of the dirty work. The point deduction was clearly warranted when he shoved Floyd into the ropes and then tried to hit him behind the head.

Mayweather was clearly the better fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by .Sakuragi. View Post
            lol, Hatton isnt really an elite fighter, no offense to all hatton fans, but floyd was just the better man that night. Whether you change the ref that night results would probably be tha same.
            change it to dave parris and Mayweather gets beaten into the corner and kept there

if you go watch the first couple of rounds of Ruiz/Jones, Ruiz was fked over by the ref in the same way for the more marketable star Jones

yet we watch Calzaghe/Hopkins and the US name Hopkins is allowed to hold on all night, Calzaghe had to beat him and the ref.

Kessler/Ward, Billy Goat Ward is allowed to butt two massive holes above Kessler's eyes so he can't see for ****

The biggest US star always has the officials ref it to their advantage. I'm glad they took some of their own medicine when Froch got the decision over Dirrell, hope they enjoyed it and hope there's more to come in future to even up the balance.

And let's hope Mayweather's cowardice in not fighting Pac leads to more steroid exposures and proper testing in the sport so the likes of Jones and Mosley can be caught quicker next time.
            Last edited by Weebler I; 02-28-2010, 09:10 PM.

Comment

The sad thing is that Mayweather wasn't even trying for a knockout, he just landed a lucky punch moving backwards.

That was about the 100 time he tried that same move and it he missed the entire fight.

Cortez definitely screwed Hatton in that fight for sure.

It was like watching a criminal act taking place before my eyes the way he officiated that night.

Its clear he was on the take.

Yeah I said it.

Comment

Originally posted by soyotoyapex View Post
                The fight will have certainly ended with a TKO/KO win by Hatton if it werent for the the timely interfering by ref Cortez everytime Hatton seems to be taking Floyd where he wants him to be.

The referee should be at least honored by Floyd fans as he exerted extra effort in refereeing while at the same time making sure that Floyd can execute his plan.
                Everybody just red k this idiot already!

Comment

The ref gave Hatton all his chances. Hell, even Floyd gave Hatton a chance, chosing to fight on the inside, where Hatton is at his best.

Comment

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
                    Not really getting into this because you don't have an objective viewpoint (you had Hatton winning at the time Floyd knocked him the hell out....). He wasn't hurting floyd because Floyd was slipping the punches and out working him on the inside. Hatton didn't land **** and only won 2 rounds in that fight. Floyd got warned for **** too, but it was Hatton who was doing more of the dirty work. The point deduction was clearly warranted when he shoved Floyd into the ropes and then tried to hit him behind the head.

Mayweather was clearly the better fighter.
                    nor do you judging by your following comments

there were videos made of all Floyd's dirty moves ducking down, throwing elbows, holding on etc etc

If you think Cortez was fair you're delusional, and if you think the fight game is clean in respect to judges and officiating then it's the same thing.

Put Hatton and Mayweather in a room with no ref and see who comes out walking. I know who it won't be.

Comment

Originally posted by check hook View Post
                      This is boxing....not hit and hold.......you are not allowed to wrestle hit and hold in boxing.......the ref is right to separate when that **** happens....it's ok for Ricky to hit and hold and wrestle i the UK for obvious reasons.....cortez played no part in Hatton getting beaten.....Hatton was beaten inside and out.........
                      i think if you watch the fight again, with HBO commentary, you will see that they were saying if anybody should get a point deducted it should be floyd for holding, not hatton! And thats not counting the elbows floyd was using so dont talk ****! I do accept that it prob would not have made much difference but that doesnt make cortezs refing acceptable.

Comment

Working...
                      X