Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquiao's last 4 opponents (including Clottey)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
    Bull**** Tua.

Oscar had to drop about 15, Hatton had to drop about 40, Cotto had to drop about 17, and Clottey has to drop 17-20.

Thats what the TS is talking about.
    but it doesnt change something, cuz they are used to lose that weight for all fights, not for pacquiao but for all their fights. not only oscar and CO but all boxers in all divisions, even the HW.

o my goodness
    Last edited by cleaner147; 02-24-2010, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The.Eyetalian View Post
      Which is what?..when I even mentioned that he would probably beat them regardless..but name one of those fighters who didn't/doesn't have to focus more on weight than usual except for Hatton like I said..

Clottey has fought about 10+ fights at JMW and he's big as ****..so I know he has to focus more on making weight than actual strategy...
      so u think the fight with cotto at ww is a bad tune up for clottey???

Comment

He was not allowed to weigh in at 147. That was a disadvantage.
        Hey man, youve had 800 posts this month, probably 400 just today. why dont you just call it a day?

all of ur posts are against pacquiao anyways, and youre trying to use the objective way, when you clearly cant stand the guy and keep disrespecting him for everything. and thats exactly what youve been claiming not to do.

Comment

Originally posted by soyotoyapex View Post
          from DLH to Cotto, The fighters themselves are saying "I feel great" . *****s playing God claiming to know the fighters condition more than the fighters themselves
          So true bro. They just make those kind of excuses just to downgrade pac's win over those boxers when in fact 2 years ago they will laugh at you when you said pac has a chance to win with them. hahahaha

Comment

Bull**** Tua.

Oscar had to drop about 15, Hatton had to drop about 40, Cotto had to drop about 17, and Clottey has to drop 17-20.

Thats what the TS is talking about.
            pac also manage to drop 20lbs during his FW but still manage to win against the best of FW's. It means that pac was just that good to win those fights at any weights.

Comment

Originally posted by cleaner147 View Post
              but it doesnt change something, cuz they are used to lose that weight for all fights, not for pacquiao but for all their fights. not only oscar and CO but all boxers in all divisions, even the HW.

o my goodness
              Exactly man.. the level these *****s are stooping down.. LOL..

Comment

My short article about Pacquaio vs Clottey

After the Soap Opera better known as the Pacquaio-Mayweather negotiations ended the question aroused who should be the next opponent for both fighters? For Pacquaio names as Paulie Malignaggi, Yuri Foreman, and Timothy Bradley all came up. Foreman the WBA Junior Middleweight Champion a fellow Top Rank fighter was a serious contender but Pacquiao thought he was too big and didn’t want to climb up another division. After the mess with mayweather it would be hard to try to get a Bradley fight since it would include a co-promotion with Showtime the people who represent Bradley. Malignaggi who has made his opinions known about Pacquaio and allegations of Performance Enhancement Drugs would have been an awkward due to how the mayweather negotiations ended. The name Joshua Clottey didn’t come up and yet he was a logical choice due to his record and what happened in his fight with Miguel Cotto.

Joshua Clottey the former IBF welterweight champion is a durable fighter with a style reminiscent of Ike “bazooka” Quartey Although, he doesn’t have the power of his fellow Ghana native he moves forward with both gloves up high in an armadillo defense. Importantly, he never has been stopped like Quartey and like Ike he feels he has both bad luck and decisions go against his favor. Quartey had close decisions against Oscar De La Hoya and Vernon Forrest go the other way as Clottey recently did with Miguel Cotto. A fight that he out landed his adversary but seemed to let slip in the last two rounds.

In addition, a fight that Pacquaio saw in person and felt Clottey had won. Nonetheless, I scored it a 114-114 draw with Clottey winning 6 and Cotto winning 5; and with one even and the early knockdown scored by Cotto an even fight. Many gave Cotto props deservingly for fighting with a cut eye and yet Clottey fighting with an injured leg was overlooked after he either slipped or was thrown into the canvas in Round 5 of the fight; you be the judge. Clottey has only two more losses in his resume. One was a disqualification against Carlos Baldomir which most observers had him clearly winning when it was stopped in Round 11 and a lost to Antonio Margarito whose entire career has been put into question due to the loaded gloves scandal before the Shane Mosley fight. On the winning side of the ledger, Clottey has wins over names Zab Judah, Diego Corrales, and Shamone Alverez.

Manny Pacquaio has the ability and skill to make it an easy fight of Clottey if he uses his speed and footwork for in and out movements and try to win by points. But Pacquaio has made it clear he fights exciting action packed fights to please his fans and the audience. As a result, it is unlikely that Freddy Roach will implement a cautious tactical fight that I believe is more suited for the fight. Clottey will not be fighting in a catch weight and he has fought as high as Junior Middleweight on several occasions. If Pacquaio goes toe to toe he will likely face some short uppers that the Ghana fighter throws with both hands. His lead straight left may get neutralized by Clottey high guard defense so expect him to work the body to try to get him to lower his gloves. Will there be any carry over of the numerous wars that he had with Morales, Marquez, Barrera, and more recently Cotto? Pacquaio is now 31 and has been fighting professionally for 15 years without any major hiatus. As boxers age they rely more on boxing skills as they lose speed, reflexes, and agility. Nonetheless, Pacquaio has not shown any major signs of deterioration and his action packed style over the calculative tactical style will make Pacquiao vs. Clottey a more entertaining fight than many anticipate. So now it’s Pacquaio vs. Clottey never expected but through ironic justice now a reality on March 13, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by pasawayako View Post
                  pac also manage to drop 20lbs during his FW but still manage to win against the best of FW's. It means that pac was just that good to win those fights at any weights.
                  jep and many others just like Abraham, who managed to drop 20 lbs at MW.

Originally posted by johncods View Post
                  Exactly man.. the level these *****s are stooping down.. LOL..
                  they just are sad that their faves got beaten.

Comment

Originally posted by 2npac View Post
                    Cotto was NOT weight-drained.
                    bull ****. b/c cotto was ripped doesnt mean he was in good shape. he was sluggish and looked dehydrated.

he looked over conditioned to me when i saw how ripped he was

Comment

Originally posted by The.Eyetalian View Post

From DLH to Hatton
                      From Hatton to Cotto
                      and now from Cotto to Clottey..

..have all had to focus on making weight for the majority of their camps..De La Hoya hadn't fought at 147lbs in 10+ years..Hatton always balloons up to like 180 between fights..so we ALL know that his major battle in camps is to make weight..Cotto started a couple weeks earlier because there was a catchweight..and in the weigh in..you can tell that it was their BEST accomplishment once Santiago got all in Roach's face once Cotto's weight was announced..

and now Clottey..someone who's been pretty vocal about struggling to make 147lbs and a much bigger guy who wasn't forced to come down in weight..but has said in the past that 147lbs has been hard for him before..

Now I'm not trying to take anything away from Pacquiao's accomplishments..I'm just stating an observation that he's picked the perfect opponents at the perfect time at the perfect weight class..and they defeat themselves and walk in to the ring and let Pacquiao finish them off..that's not to say that they would've have beat Pac otherwise..just saying they were defeated before even stepping in the ring..except for maybe Hatton who always does the same ****..but he's hit or miss and goes off raw talent..which I admire..just wish his heart was there for the sport more..

Excuses belong to those losers, hehehehehehe
                      want to discredit pac accomplishment, then go to hell together with the PU$$Y gayweathers, you have all the same colors.

Comment

Working...
                      X