Collapse
No announcement yet.

I still can't get over it. Froch-Dirrell: Biggest Boxing Robbery Of 2009

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was probably the biggest robbery of the year, if we're talking about major fights in the sport. I can't recall my scorecard but Dirrell was up by a big amount and even in the swing rounds, he did a tad more. I hate the argument that "Dirrell should of dug in deeper and took it from Froch". You shouldn't have to go above and beyond to get a the nod on the road, if you do more you should win, very simple. People act like Dirrell could execute the gameplan and just slap Froch around like some *****. This is the Super Six, where all the fighters are very good and going outside of the game plan could prove fatal. Dirrell did the right the thing, fought the right fight, and should of been awarded the victory.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivore View Post
      I scored it 114-113 for Froch, as did Dan Rafael.

There was no robbery.
      Sourcing Dan Rafael is the worst thing you could of done, Tunney. Dan is one of the worst in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Chunk View Post
        Dirrel didn't go to the champs backyard, and take the belt away from Froch. He didn't do enough, and i scored it 114-113 for Dirrell but he fought on the backfoot and it was never gonna be enough when you're away from home.
        That's one of the most tired cliched comments I've ever heard in boxing. And it's a bunch of BS. Where they fought should not have anything to do with how the fight was scored. Whether the fight is boring or not should have no impact either. It should be based on clean punching and effectiveness. Froch clearly lost in that category. He was also the one hurt in the fight. The tired old cliche "he stunk up the joint" "he didn't do enough in the champs backyard" is BS. Froch lost that fight clearly.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivore View Post
          I scored it 114-113 for Froch, as did Dan Rafael.

There was no robbery.

Your scoring is about as relevant as if Hitler scored the fight.

Comment

Time will prove that Dirrell is the better fighter. I have learned to be content with that fact.

Comment

Originally posted by The HayeMaker View Post
              Maybe if he didnt fight like he was made out of water he could of got the decision
              Maybe if Froch actually landed punches he could have made a case for winning.

Comment

I feel better now that Froch has lost. He should have zero points but yeah 2 is good too.

Comment

Dirrell beat Froch by hitting him with cleaner, effective punches throughout the fight... SO HE WAS ROBBED!!

Froch beat Kessler by hitting him with cleaner, effective punches throughout the fight... SO... Kessler outworked him by being the aggressor... lol double standards.

Comment

close fight imo. Dirrell didn't do enough; Kessler did more really.

Comment

Originally posted by Calilloyd View Post
                      Maybe if Froch actually landed punches he could have made a case for winning.

thats why frochs was unscathed and dirrells face was a bloody mess??yea whatever..

Comment

Working...
                      X