No announcement yet.

I still can't get over it. Froch-Dirrell: Biggest Boxing Robbery Of 2009

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by geribeetus View Post
    correct me if i'm wrong but i remember guzman landing a lot better punches(admittedly fewer, but still better) for the first half of the fight. funeka did a lot of jabbing but you can't win a decision with one punch.
    He landed the better punches for the first 2 rounds then Funeka got his rythm.I had it even after 6.
    After that it was a pure domination by Funeka.

Comment

119-109 Dirrell. Any other score just isn't right. Grab the HD version and look at the punches landed.

Comment

Originally posted by tehMatrix View Post
        stop with the bull****, you dont win a fight because the other guy ran
        if that was the case mayweather would have some losses

froch got absolutely schooled
        he really did. seriously it wasnt close, watch the fight in its entirety, froch landed jack **** of any significance all night. dirrell landed loadsa crisp punches but froch has great punch resistance. in the later rounds (cant remember exactly which ones) froch was rocked in two consecutive rounds, no doubt. i honestly dont think dirrell was hurt all fight (seriously)

Comment

Originally posted by catalinul View Post
          He landed the better punches for the first 2 rounds then Funeka got his rythm.I had it even after 6.
          After that it was a pure domination by Funeka.
          you sound like you got a better look at the fight than i did. i need to watch it again.

Comment

you sound like you got a better look at the fight than i did. i need to watch it again.
            I'm sure you'll have Funeka winning.He clearly won the fight,he just did a tattoo job on Guzman in the second half of the fight.

Guzm,an couldn't cope with Funeka's jab and volume punching in the beggining.After Funeka started landing combos it was clear.
            Guzman did fight with heart,a broken eardrum and cuts from a butt but that was just pure robbery.

Comment

Originally posted by SusieQ. View Post
              he really did. seriously it wasnt close, watch the fight in its entirety, froch landed jack **** of any significance all night. dirrell landed loadsa crisp punches but froch has great punch resistance. in the later rounds (cant remember exactly which ones) froch was rocked in two consecutive rounds, no doubt. i honestly dont think dirrell was hurt all fight (seriously)
              a lot of the punches i thought dirrell landed hard the first time weren't so solid when i saw them again in slow motion. i remember dirrell being in the corner at one point in like 8 or 9 and then exploding with 3 left hooks and the commentators gushing over it. it turned out only one landed and even it was less than flush. andre is a very crisp puncher but he seems too eager to bring his gloves back so i don't think he lands as well as he appears to. he shortchanges himself as they say.

Comment

a lot of the punches i thought dirrell landed hard the first time weren't so solid when i saw them again in slow motion. i remember dirrell being in the corner at one point in like 8 or 9 and then exploding with 3 left hooks and the commentators gushing over it. it turned out only one landed and even it was less than flush. andre is a very crisp puncher but he seems too eager to bring his gloves back so i don't think he lands as well as he appears to. he shortchanges himself as they say.
                yes he has a lot to learn. but there is a caged lion inside Andre Dirrell waiting to be unleashed ...

Comment

dirrel schooled his ass and didnt get his two points

Comment

Originally posted by SusieQ. View Post
                    yes he has a lot to learn. but there is a caged lion inside Andre Dirrell waiting to be unleashed ...
                    no doubt. even with his flawed punching he rocked carls **** twice in back to back rounds.

Comment

This thread is pointless.We all know Dirrell was robbed of a clear decision,in which Carl froch deserved no more than three rounds,but this entire topic has been done to death.Those who argue in Carl froch's favour have been proven to know absolutely nothing about the sport of boxing.They can't score a round,let alone a fight correctly.

Carl froch has been exposed by a far superior boxer and fighter in Andre Dirrell and is more than likely going to get his head taken of against Mikkel Kessler.Kessler seems very confident,almost delighted that this fight is taking place,and I can't blame him really.Carl froch's troll like movement will make him easy pickings for Kessler.
                      Last edited by Princemanzpoper; 02-20-2010, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X