Collapse
No announcement yet.

I still can't get over it. Froch-Dirrell: Biggest Boxing Robbery Of 2009

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Froch just pipped it.. If Dirrell engaged more he prob would of taken the belt home, but if he did stand and trade more he would of been caught by Froch at some point and prob put down.

His only option was to hit and move and unfortunately for him he did it to much along with the holding plus the point deduction didn't help him..

Comment

Originally posted by british_fan View Post
      if you thought haye-valuev was close you clearly dont know how to score a boxing match,sorry mate,but you need to brush up on the scoring system
      My point is valid.

scenario: one fighter is pressing forward, one fighter is moving backwards. Front foot fighter is terrible and lands f.uck all but he is dictating the 'action'
      This happens for 2.56 of the round - then then fighter going backwards lands a flush jab.

who wins that round?

you can see it either way. But one way just seems ALOT fairer to me.

not saying this scenario is indicative of the Froch-Dirrell fight. It's an extreme.

But... I think you HAVE to score the moments when essentially naff all is happening: if only if you're answering the question: who is the boss?
      Last edited by Sparked_1985; 02-20-2010, 07:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_1985 View Post
        My point is valid.

scenario: one fighter is pressing forward, one fighter is moving backwards. Front foot fighter is terrible and lands f.uck all but he is dictating the 'action'
        This happens for 2.56 of the round - then then fighter going backwards lands a flush jab.

who wins that round?

you can see it either way. But one way just seems ALOT fairer to me.
        The thing is, that's not what happened with Froch and Dirrell. Froch was hitting nothing but air all night, and Dirrell was actually landing. Dirrell has no one but himself to blame because of how ugly he fought, but John Ruiz became one of the most successful heavyweights of the 2000s fighting ugly, so it's not like you're not allowed to win if you fight ugly. All that matters is that you are winning, which Dirrell was.

Comment

A lot of people thought Dirrell won a close fight. I could see a 114-113 score either way.

Comment

Biggest Robbery of 2009???? this is a joke right?.....

It was a close fight, a **** fight that could have went either way. The judges went with the LESS NEGATIVE fighter and he was home fighter and belt holder, you cannot expect to go to a champions backyard fight like that and get the decison surely?

This thread is laughable.

Comment

It was a very close fight. Neither Froch or Dirrell landed much at all. And most of what they did land were pitter pat jabs and not powerful scoring shots.

I believe the result was a fair one. Maybe if Dirrell engaged a bit more, he would have won the fight. But on the same note, maybe Froch would have had more opportunity to land his punches if Dirrell didn't run for the whole fight.

There is no controversy in the result of this fight. It could have gone either way.

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post

I still can't get over it. I hope Mikkel destroys Carla. Carla doesn't deserve those points he got from the Dirrell fight.
                not a robbery, hopefully andre gazelle learned his lesson, because he should have won that fight.

Comment

i'm a fan of froch but i wouldn't have been bothered if dirrell had gotten the nod. i wouldn't go so far as to call it a highway robbery however. so little was happening most of the fight that you have to give the guy who actually came to fight some credit. most of what dirrell was landing were jabs when he was backing up, many of which froch rolled with. in other words, punches that froch hardly felt. i'd also like to remind people that dirrell was the one who was bleeding early in the fight, so froch must've landed something because i don't recall any headbutts. i'd put money that in the first 6 rounds dirrell threw less than 25 power punches. once again, i wouldn't have cried to my momma if dirrell had got the decision, but you can't exactly call his performance whitaker-esque.

Comment

It was a robbery however not the biggest at all.

Martinez-Cintron or Funeka-Guzman were bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by catalinul View Post
                      It was a robbery however not the biggest at all.

Martinez-Cintron or Funeka-Guzman were bigger.
                      correct me if i'm wrong but i remember guzman landing a lot better punches(admittedly fewer, but still better) for the first half of the fight. funeka did a lot of jabbing but you can't win a decision with one punch.

Comment

Working...
                      X