No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao vs Margarito The Possible November Plan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
    fighting all top guys.....Thats what champs do!
    LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by damned1974 View Post
      To fight the loser of Floyd and Shane is probably more appropriate than fighting Floyd or Manny-saying that-Shane already beat Margarito and I believe Shane will lose to Floyd.Do you believe Shane and Margarito 2 is justified as the first fight wasn't even competitive?
      no it's not appropriate. If shane loses, and pac goes on to fight floyd, I would hope shane vs berto could be made. Margarito needs to work his way back up to the top and shouldn't fight any elite guys for a long while.

Comment

• fkn bob arum. After margarito, valero is next.

these are all great fights but Pacquiao-Mayweather must happen first!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
          no it's not appropriate. If shane loses, and pac goes on to fight floyd, I would hope shane vs berto could be made. Margarito needs to work his way back up to the top and shouldn't fight any elite guys for a long while.
          Notice I said it's MORE appropriate-not necessarily the best choice,just closer.I believe Margarito should ultimately stay banned for life-but IF he is allowed to stay in boxing then he should earn a big payday by starting as close to the bottom as possible.He will never win anyone's trust over after he got caught with loaded gloves-that could have potentially killed anyone he has stepped in the ring with.
          Note that I also said that I believed Floyd wins against Shane,and in the case he does in fact win-I don't believe Margarito made a competitive fight with Shane before,so it is pointless to have a rematch.
          If Shane decides to continue boxing after him and Floyd fight,then he fights Berto and wins,then perhaps it is acceptable to have Margarito fight Berto.Only after Margarito has fought quite a few people and earned that...
          Margarito's career at the top,or potentially earning millions is possibly null and void.
          There are too many "ifs" and "buts" with this though and what is morally right does not apply to how Bob Arum believes Margarito should have a right to earn a living in a sport that he ultimately exploited and corrupted.

Comment

• If Mosley had the speed and power to KO Tony and Pacquiao is quicker and more powerful than Mosley, isnt it a no-brainer?? I also think Pacquiao's style will be harder for Tony to handle.

Comment

• Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
              fighting all top guys.....Thats what champs do!
              erik morales lost a trilogy then lost a tune up fight then lost to manny pac!!!

Oscar de la hoya 36yr old part time fighter weight drained and lost 3 of his last 6 fights!! oscar was already losing!!

ricky hatton over rated and got knocked out by floyd mayweather and mayweather is not even a power puncher!!!

miguel cotto looked like crap in his last 2 fights!!! plus they made cotto fight at 144 instead of 147 why not fight cotto at his best??

MANNY PADDED PACQUAIO!!!

DOES NOT FIGHT THE BEST AT THEIR BEST!!!!! cant fool real boxing fans that know boxing!!!

now that margarito has been exposed and brought to his knees it makes sence why manny wants to fight him now!!!!

manny wants margarito now that he has been knocked out and exposed!!! thats what manny padded paquaio does!!!
              Last edited by sapo#1; 02-17-2010, 12:43 AM. Reason: forgot something

Comment

• Originally posted by check hook View Post
                All u Pac fans want to hold Floyd to such a high standard where his only acceptable opponents are:

- Pac
                - Shane
                - P Williams

Then we must also hold Pac to the same standards:

Acceptable future fights for Pac:

- Winner or loser of Mosley v Mayweather.
                - Paul Williams

No double standards!!!!!
                They aren't called the Knights of Double Standards for nothing!

Comment

• yeah right........

Comment

• This would be great -- two cheaters fighting each other. Margarito could load his gloves and Pac could take steroids and we could see one hell of a fight. They could probably get away with this in Mexico since Margarito (hopefully) won't get his license back in the U.S.

Comment

• Originally posted by sapo#1 View Post
                      erik morales lost a trilogy then lost a tune up fight then lost to manny pac!!!

Oscar de la hoya 36yr old part time fighter weight drained and lost 3 of his last 6 fights!! oscar was already losing!!

ricky hatton over rated and got knocked out by floyd mayweather and mayweather is not even a power puncher!!!

miguel cotto looked like crap in his last 2 fights!!! plus they made cotto fight at 144 instead of 147 why not fight cotto at his best??

MANNY PADDED PACQUAIO!!!

DOES NOT FIGHT THE BEST AT THEIR BEST!!!!! cant fool real boxing fans that know boxing!!!

now that margarito has been exposed and brought to his knees it makes sence why manny wants to fight him now!!!!

manny wants margarito now that he has been knocked out and exposed!!! thats what manny padded paquaio does!!!
                      I agree with what you are saying,but you forgot to mention that Manny's last 4 fighters have also been left hand dominant that fought out of an orthodox stance (except for Diaz-who was southpaw anyways).His last 4 opponents are "come-forward" fighters with very limited defense.Most of them cannot punch while on the move,they need to plant their feet (stand still to punch), and were marquee names that have come off a severe loss by stoppage or were undeniably at the end of their once great careers yet never displayed the same confidence or skills after their defeats.This seems to be the perfect candidate for Manny.
                      If you are a good boxer with a right hand,defense or any countering skills-Manny don't want none.It was 5 fights ago that Manny fought someone with a right hand-is that a coincidence???!!! His career is being paved by Arum to look as if he is the next "Sugar Ray Robinson" of our era... it is deceptive,yet makes Arum more money from the idiots who cannot look beneath the surface...

Comment

Working...
                      X