Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BOXER OF THE DECADE, who could have been if MANNY wasn't around?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think Floyd should be included because he's been a Welterweight for the past two years and during that span he has fought a blown-up Lightweight (Marquez) and a Junior Welterweight (Hatton).

Not exactly P4P material there !!!

Comment

Mayweather was retired from boxing for 3 years. JMM doesnt count.

Comment

1st of all, it's really a toss up between floyd and manny anyway---manny may get the nod in the media--but many feel floyd has been the most dominate fighter this decade and he really has been--no question about---no fighter has dominated the sport of boxing while staying undefeated like floyd has---i only seen him struggle against castillio in their 1st fight due to him being injured----he dominated hatton, marquez after a 2 year layoff, gatti, baldomir, de la hoya(real boxing fans know oscar lost decisively), n'dou, judah, coralles, hernandez, manfrredy, tony pep, and more---floyd could have won his 1st champion after only a few fights, he had the pedigree and skills for it----pac is percieved as the decades best, and floyd did take 2 years off and even had long layoffs in between a few fights, but in that ring, no fighter has dominated like floyd did---no fighter---not pac, not jones, not calzaghe, not hatton, damn sure not mosley, oscar, nobody----so taking floyd and manny out of the equation, i'd give it to hopkins probably---

Comment

Originally posted by Bogig View Post
          I don't think Floyd should be included because he's been a Welterweight for the past two years and during that span he has fought a blown-up Lightweight (Marquez) and a Junior Welterweight (Hatton).

Not exactly P4P material there !!!
          you see it's people like you that make haters on here look so ******, so so ******---you base floyd's career fights in this decade off of hatton(who many people picked to beat floyd, and who openly ducked floyd in 2005--when they were both at 140, came to see floyd fight gatti, and said he wasn't ready for floyd at the time--openly ducked him)--the same **** i explain too noobs on here--and then floyd fights jmm---the number 2 p4p fighter in the sport, and i know why he fought him--to prove that he would toy with manny---but manny decided to duck a blood test--and fools on here still put the blame on floyd--manny openly ducked floyd---openly when he turned down random drug tests--so did roach--so did bob arum----it's not floyd's fault that shane ducked him in his prime, so did winky, so did judah before he lost to baldomir who was the ww champion when floyd dominated--the undisputed ww champion---bob kept cotto away from floyd---margarito only had a belt--he had no momentum like oscar did or baldomir did no matter how people looked at baldomir---floyd fought the lineal champion of the division--paul williams still can't draw for ****--and he's overrated---paul williams would lose to floyd--but he has to make a huge name for himself--floyd wants big fights and has wanted big fights his whole career--what fighter doesn't---mayweather vs williams is not a big fight yet---so gets ducked by these fighters back in 2005 and 2006, yet he gets criticized for not fighting the big fights--and floyd became p4p number 1 right before he fought gatti--and after he fought gatti---that status was sealed---so obviously gatti was a better fighter than what people called him---he got the top spot with no arguments---all cotto had to do was beat margarito and he would have gotten floyd--because that was the fighter who was being built to beat floyd---tony ruined that--even though margarito was caught cheating before the fight with the guy floyd is about to fight and beat--then if manny beats clottey--which i feel he will--but he will struggle against clottey bad---he will get his chance to redeem his duck and fight floyd and lose to floyd like shane will----if cotto builds up his name again at 154---and gets that title and rebuild his rep like in 2007---then the fight with floyd will make sense---floyd wants big fights---paul williams almost lost his last fight---martinez can beat pavlik and beat paul williams--i'm sure floyd will fight him also--the same with bradley---these guys have got to make a name for themselves--just like floyd did---he worked his ass off to get where he is--so why not keep fighting the big fights--floyd can be the fighter of the year when he beats shane and the number 1 p4p fighter in pac----then what? and this after a long layoff--by may 1--it will be just shy of 8 months--and he was off alomst 2 years before he fought jmm---he wanted pac, then shane---the biggest fight at the time he wanted--pac ducked it--not he goes to shane due to berto pulling out of their fight---so to floyd, keep it up homey---you jsut keep proving them wrong---

i mean, floyd is keeping boxing alive by doing this---he gets people talking about him and pac by announcing his fight with the guy who just a year earlier gave pac his toughest fight---then i dominates the guy--even though jmm moved up in weight---just like pac did when he beat oscar in dominatung fashion---so floyd wants pac after pac dominates cotto---the fight falls through due to blood tests---pac is now fighting what he feels is a tuneup--i'm sure he does--and floyd--despite rumors of him fighting paulie, campbell, bradley, and cintron, has now 1-upped manny by fighting shane mosley--and despite manny and clottey fighting in a stadium, the ppv buys for floyd and shane especially after 24/7 and the media coverage and press conferences--will shatter pac/clottey---so the fight with manny and money should be even bigger--and i expect floyd to be at the fight in dallas---floyd's very smart---he took the luster placed on pac and sandpapered when pac backed out of the fight and decided to sue floyd rather than fight him---but we'll see how this year plays out---i see may/pac happening late this year---if they win their next fights---

Comment

cotto winning so far...

Comment

without pac, floyd could have been a fighter of the decade.

Comment

Where the **** is B-Hop?

Comment

Marco Antonio Barrera.

Comment

the piss drinking marquez i guess...

Comment

Originally posted by SAGO@GULAMAN View Post
                      the piss drinking marquez i guess...
                      Actually without pacquaio, marquez wouldnt be top 5 p4p. He is up there for his both of his close fight with pacquaio.

Comment

Working...
                      X