No announcement yet.

i thought khan was lined up to fight madiana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John Hue View Post
    Golden Boy bribed,coerced a deal ? using HBO and leverage for Maidana to back off relinquish by postponing for either 2 or 3 fights his mandatory rights. Enabling Khan to keep the title and avoid Maidana. In the mean time I imagine if Maidana loses there will be no Khan deal. We will never know what the details are but it is clear Maidana has done some kind of deal and sold himself short. After he was contractually tied up and committed to fight Cayo a good boxer Marquez is saying that he is getting cold feet about the Khan fight. Which makes me think the whole Marquez Khan fight was part of a ploy to facilitate a situation where Khan can keep his title and cherry pick an opponent without looking bad.
    damn , whenever there's a khan thread you're in there with a long reply

even so you're right , roach and gbp see maidana as a too risky fight for khan's american debut and want to make a maidana fight more saleable for the future but there's a chance maidana loses then what will happen? a khan fight probably not happen then , although i dont understand why some people are treating marquez as if he's a b class opponent . Hardly anyone would have picked khan against marquez after the diaz fight

Comment

Originally posted by FLYBOY View Post
      he didn't hate. anyways, maidana is nothing special. he is just a wild swinger with punching power. Amir will take care of him easily.
      nothing special my ass.....margo looks nothing special , who woulda thought he'd beat cotto?.....

maidana's got flaws but he's got a lot of potential, the boy is quick,does'nt get tired and determined to win......his offensive workrate is very high and he's got heavy hands......

Comment

Originally posted by PrimeIkeQuartey View Post
        It's all a big GBP and HBO scam. Pathetic.
        Paying your mandatory not to fight you, it's a joke.
        tyson and king paid off lewis to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by baracuda View Post
          nothing special my ass.....margo looks nothing special , who woulda thought he'd beat cotto?.....

maidana's got flaws but he's got a lot of potential, the boy is quick,does'nt get tired and determined to win......his offensive workrate is very high and he's got heavy hands......
          we all know margaracheato had "extra help"

Comment

Originally posted by MR.LARRYX View Post
            ????jmm doesnt want the fight???
            http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=25257

The timing of Marquez airing his misgivings seems a tad strange when you consider Khan and Marquez are both Golden Boy fighters. They manage to tie up a strange deal with Maidana an outsider getting him to delay his shot at the title bt can't get their own fighters to put pen to paper with their in house fighters. It was all on untill Maidana signed up. Why were there no noises before? Did Marquez suddenly find out who Khan was? When you screw down you can see it looks like a Khon job.
            Last edited by John Hue; 02-10-2010, 11:04 AM.

Comment

we all know margaracheato had "extra help"
              no proof......margo beats cotto everytime.....do i think he's a better fighter than cotto..... not really but he has his own special gift...

Comment

If you duck your mandatory or 'pay him off' if thats what you wanna call it then you are not a worthy champion, the definition of a champion is to defend it against all comers and challengers, Maidana challenged Khan and he decided to fight a 36 yr old super featherweight. - *****.

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
                  If you duck your mandatory or 'pay him off' if thats what you wanna call it then you are not a worthy champion, the definition of a champion is to defend it against all comers and challengers, Maidana challenged Khan and he decided to fight a 36 yr old super featherweight. - *****.

he didn't duck Maidana. they will fight in the near future. calm down.

Comment

Originally posted by MR.LARRYX View Post
                    ????jmm doesnt want the fight???
                    Originally posted by John Locke View Post
                    John, It may well turn out worse than that .Time will show if the proposed Marquez fight was never on the cards but designed to provide cover and credibility in order to tie up Maidana and free up Khan with the title. I strongly suspect Marquez will pull out,the press will go crazy and say he was scared of the mighty Khan. Khan will then once again pick a taylor made opponent and his gullible fans will say it is not his fault that Marquez backed out and the Khon will run a bit more. Sooner or later even his most ardent fans will see the light and the penny will drop.

Comment

he didn't duck Maidana. they will fight in the near future. calm down.
                      Mandatory means it is your next defence, he is not fighting him next is he?

Comment

Working...
                      X