Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by the weebler ii View Post
      thread = justification of runners

if you guys enjoy that, there's a sport called kabaddi which might interest you
      i don' t think u even know the difference between running and boxing

Comment

Boxing is all about the come forward warriors, no one would watch the sport if there was just runners but people will always watch two warriors go at it.

The runners do provide some variation I suppose and it's great to see the cowards caught and beat down.

Comment

Originally posted by the weebler ii View Post
          boxing is all about the come forward warriors, no one would watch the sport if there was just runners but people will always watch two warriors go at it.

The runners do provide some variation i suppose and it's great to see the cowards caught and beat down.
          some of boxing's greatest fighter fought on the back foot. And they are legends. The sweet science is much more than just going forward....it's about going all ways and having the abilty to fight going in all directions.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
            Boxing is all about the come forward warriors, no one would watch the sport if there was just runners but people will always watch two warriors go at it.

The runners do provide some variation I suppose and it's great to see the cowards caught and beat down.
            again... were talking about the sweet science, the art of boxing. the ability to hit without getting hit and using your skill to take advantage of your opponents weaknesses.

You want to talk about running then make a thread about it, this one is about the art of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by cortdawg25 View Post
              some of boxing's greatest fighter fought on the back foot. And they are legends. The sweet science is much more than just going forward....it's about going all ways and having the abilty to fight going in all directions.
              the best fighters can fight a number of ways and mix it up, but some of the 'fighters' who are fawned over today by some only ever run in their fights and it's more like cat and mouse than a genuine confrontation (and I hate seeing Jerry beat Tom). The come forward fighters will always be the draw but I'll leave it now cos the TS wants me to bounce.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                the best fighters can fight a number of ways and mix it up, but some of the 'fighters' who are fawned over today by some only ever run in their fights and it's more like cat and mouse than a genuine confrontation (and I hate seeing Jerry beat Tom). The come forward fighters will always be the draw but I'll leave it now cos the TS wants me to bounce.
                Well you came into this thread claim that I was justifying running, and continue to talk about running. Direll ran. More seasoned fighters circle and exchange. I'm not kicking you out of the thread, I just stated that if you want to talk about running you can make a thread about it, this one is about the art of boxing, the sweet science that IMO has become underappreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by AllEyesOpen View Post
                  I've been seeing a lot of member's talk about how they dislike "boring" fights, and enjoy true "warrior" in the ring. Now I love watching 2 fighters going at it toe-2-toe as much as the next guy, but equally as much as I enjoy a tough technical battle of skill. My favorite fight, probably of all time is Leonard/Hearns, never have I seen 2 fighters use every skill in their arsenal to come out on top, also never have i seen a fight take a complete 180 degree turn as this one.

So what i'm wondering is does anyone still enjoy and appreciate the sweet science of boxing, using your skill, intelligence, and ability to outclass your opponent?
                  Hell yeha i love boxing and the skills etc of outclassing your opponents with Skill,Ability and to outclass your opponent i think its excellent

Comment

Some people don't really appreciate that boxing is a sport and not just violence for the sake of violence.

Comment

....and there's nothing more tedious than hollow threads like this filled with posters trying to come off as insightful and knowledgeable by banding around meaningless phrases like 'the art of boxing'.

Comment

Working...
                      X