Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquiao-Clottey announced officially less than a week..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
    things you will never appreciate to begin with so why bother telling you?

it's clear to most on here your agenda so let's not pretend you know anything about the sport moreso than the man in the sport you love ever so lovingly
    looks like a gave u the wrong impression of me wanting to see floyd-mayweather badly. you can state ur opinions, i know what im here for.

Comment

I highly doubt Pac-Clottey was done in a week. Arum was looking for opponents well before Floyd gave up on negotiations.

Floyd-Mosley has barely been going for a week. Am I right? It was a day after Berto pulled out. When did he pull out?

Comment

Originally posted by GTR View Post
        looks like a gave u the wrong impression of me wanting to see floyd-mayweather badly. you can state ur opinions, i know what im here for.
        nah I have you pegged correctly just because I haven't posted in a minute doesn't mean I haven't read the ilk that has gone on of late

Comment

Originally posted by Sloth View Post
          I highly doubt Pac-Clottey was done in a week. Arum was looking for opponents well before Floyd gave up on negotiations.

Floyd-Mosley has barely been going for a week. Am I right? It was a day after Berto pulled out. When did he pull out?
          pretty much although to be fair I think GBP figured that Berto would be affected by the devastation of Haiti considering he lost family

Comment

again you're dumb and blinded solely by the filmy aftertaste of Manny's nuts if you solely think that.

this is a business first and foremost no matter how much we want to think otherwise

from what I know once the testing snag became more and more evident TR had already placed holds on Foreman and Clottey by contact each other's managers. Arum had his ace in the pocket already in place

now if one side, the side that is refusing a stipulation, is conceeding the fight might not happen by negotiating with other fighters, for the same date.

while the other is still negotiating to make the original fight happen only to fall on deaf ears

and you still think its about Floyd not wanting the fight

then there is really nothing more I can say to you and I will make sure to either avoid your myopic posts or school you on just how wrong you are

for now

/class
            This is the type of **** that happens when you clowns constantly spew,

"boxing is a business".

The ****ty attitutde filters down to the younger, less established, and lesser known fighters.

Great job "business" fans. You've helped to create this mess. Instead of saying, "you know what, I don't receive a penny from any fighter, I don't give a **** about the business side, I'm a sporting fan and I just want to see the best fights"

You labia splits continue with the same bull **** chump fighters come out with.

Great ****ing job. ------ TortillaWarrior

he spoke whats on my mind

Comment

nah I have you pegged correctly just because I haven't posted in a minute doesn't mean I haven't read the ilk that has gone on of late
              ill let u know if u were right. youre still wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by GTR View Post
                This is the type of **** that happens when you clowns constantly spew,

"boxing is a business".

is it not? look you can be all in love and still in your honeymoon phase with this sport does not mean it isn't true

heck this has been going since the sport began

only difference is that we are now privy to more information because of the avenues we can resource.

beforehand it was papers vying their trade and letting us know what happened often in weekly boxing articles.

now? we get info as it happens

The ****ty attitutde filters down to the younger, less established, and lesser known fighters.
                nah you have no idea what you are talking about. I know PLENTY of young fighters who grind for pennies

know the source of which you talk about before spewing nonsense like that please. You discredit young fighters when I bet you know none

Great job "business" fans. You've helped to create this mess. Instead of saying, "you know what, I don't receive a penny from any fighter, I don't give a **** about the business side, I'm a sporting fan and I just want to see the best fights"
                wake up dear God you sound like someone put lemon pledge in your vag

like I said it's a business only now we are seeing from all angles. We have the privelage and the curse of knowing everything about our sport now

You labia splits continue with the same bull **** chump fighters come out with.
                English is a heck of a language.

Great ****ing job. ------ TortillaWarrior

he spoke whats on my mind
                then you should try and speak your own mind instead regurgitating the same old song and dance

think in real terms not just the honeymoon view you have of the sport

Comment

is it not? look you can be all in love and still in your honeymoon phase with this sport does not mean it isn't true

heck this has been going since the sport began

only difference is that we are now privy to more information because of the avenues we can resource.

beforehand it was papers vying their trade and letting us know what happened often in weekly boxing articles.

now? we get info as it happens

nah you have no idea what you are talking about. I know PLENTY of young fighters who grind for pennies

know the source of which you talk about before spewing nonsense like that please. You discredit young fighters when I bet you know none

wake up dear God you sound like someone put lemon pledge in your vag

like I said it's a business only now we are seeing from all angles. We have the privelage and the curse of knowing everything about our sport now

English is a heck of a language.

then you should try and speak your own mind instead regurgitating the same old song and dance

think in real terms not just the honeymoon view you have of the sport
                  Hold up a minute there cowboy.

Nobody is saying it isn't a business per se.

Everything is, even birth and death.

But do we go around parading those as "Yea, I just had a son today, and I can't wait to see how much money the doctors made for delivering my baby, its going to be so awesomely awesome to see how much they made"?

"Yea, my mother just died recently, so I'm hoping the mortuary gets the right cut of money for digging her grave".

No, we focus on whats important. In this case, it would be the actual fights. Whether we are privy to more information or not in these times, it doesn't make it more important than what we are actually here for, the fights, and the results.

Boxing is not a business, its a sport, that has a business side. Anyone with common sense knows that. Now we understand that in order for these shows to get put on, business has to take place. Fine, no problem with that.

But really, lets cut it with boxers saying **** like, "well, hes not a big enough name". When a fighter takes on that kind of attitude, it shows his lack of respect for the guys that came before him who fought more often for less, a lack of respect for the fans that pay to see him fight, and a lack of respect for his past opponents.

Not one single boxer ever started his first fight as a multi million dollar, household name, superstar. The closest is probably DLH, and that was because of his Olympic stature.

In real terms, I watch boxing for the best fights, not to see who takes home the biggest check.

Since business is what you guys appear like about boxing most,

I hear Wall Street calling you. They make tons more money, and there are fights every single day.

Its mainstream even, with news coverage so great, you see results every hour, on the hour.

You cats can have your boxing is a business,
                  I'll take the fights that happen in the ring.

Comment

again you're dumb and blinded solely by the filmy aftertaste of Manny's nuts if you solely think that.

this is a business first and foremost no matter how much we want to think otherwise

from what I know once the testing snag became more and more evident TR had already placed holds on Foreman and Clottey by contact each other's managers. Arum had his ace in the pocket already in place

now if one side, the side that is refusing a stipulation, is conceeding the fight might not happen by negotiating with other fighters, for the same date.

while the other is still negotiating to make the original fight happen only to fall on deaf ears

and you still think its about Floyd not wanting the fight

then there is really nothing more I can say to you and I will make sure to either avoid your myopic posts or school you on just how wrong you are

for now

/class

CHURCH!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TortillaWarrior View Post
                      Hold up a minute there cowboy.

Nobody is saying it isn't a business per se.

Everything is, even birth and death.

But do we go around parading those as "Yea, I just had a son today, and I can't wait to see how much money the doctors made for delivering my baby, its going to be so awesomely awesome to see how much they made"?
                      of course not

however

we will go around saying "damn man my bill for ____'s birth came in a **** man you know how much a baby cost"?!!!

I mean most parents I know bring that up.

"Yea, my mother just died recently, so I'm hoping the mortuary gets the right cut of money for digging her grave".

how about

"I hope the mortuary is affordable because I don't know how I am going to do this"

No, we focus on whats important. In this case, it would be the actual fights.

I dont think that is ever been a point I have stated. I have never and would never state that the business machinations are more important than the actual fights at hand.

Whether we are privy to more information or not in these times, it doesn't make it more important than what we are actually here for, the fights, and the results.

actually thats debatable

but for the sake of argument

while you can live in your utopia that fights happen magically out of nowhere because well because its spontaneous and organic

we all know it to be false. Fights happen after careful matching, pricing and signing on that dotted line

Boxing is not a business, its a sport, that has a business side. Anyone with common sense knows that. Now we understand that in order for these shows to get put on, business has to take place. Fine, no problem with that.

have I not presented common sense or are you just trying to clown me? Because I think I have presented nothing but common sense

doesn't mean YOU have to agree with it BUT it is the truth

be respectful and I will do the same to you

But really, lets cut it with boxers saying **** like, "well, hes not a big enough name". When a fighter takes on that kind of attitude, it shows his lack of respect for the guys that came before him who fought more often for less, a lack of respect for the fans that pay to see him fight, and a lack of respect for his past opponents.

no it doesn't. You act like guys like Ali or Marciano or Robinson didn't argue over their cut of the pie or do you believe that?

Not one single boxer ever started his first fight as a multi million dollar, household name, superstar. The closest is probably DLH, and that was because of his Olympic stature.

and what does that have to do with anything?

if anything the stuggle MOST boxers have proves my point that this sport is indeed a business and that while we love for fights to happen this isn't always the case

is it fair? no not always but I at least am willing to accept and understand the machinations behind all this we see on our TV or in person

In real terms, I watch boxing for the best fights, not to see who takes home the biggest check.

and I doubt anyone else does so why bring that up?

Since business is what you guys appear like about boxing most,

show me where that was said?

stop being such a drama queen over this lol it makes you turn into another in the long line of whiners who clearly cannot understand

right or wrong

this sport is driven like a business

I hear Wall Street calling you. They make tons more money, and there are fights every single day.
                      God what drama

Its mainstream even, with news coverage so great, you see results every hour, on the hour.

and it continues

You cats can have your boxing is a business,
                      I'll take the fights that happen in the ring.
                      again prove to me us cats want the business side solely

look in the end does it suck? yes of course NO ONE is saying

"yeah I am glad this fight didnt happen!!!"

but in the end when we follow a sport that is driven like a business it does upon occasion fall into this trappings of any other business

and I for one do like to discuss this because it's pretty interesting to me

you of course do not have to discuss this at all since you have no interest in it

but yet you do....and continue to do so

Comment

Working...
                      X