Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Will Juanma Duck Me, Like He Did Caballero and Now Gamboa?" - Mario Santiago

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Will Juanma Duck Me, Like He Did Caballero and Now Gamboa?" - Mario Santiago

By Rey Colón
    El Vocero
    January 27, 2010 04:00 am

Mario Santiago said his focus is on the Filipino Bernabe Concepcion, whom he will meet Feb. 13 in Las Vegas, Nevada but he thanks for the free promotion that is been vgiven by Juan Manuel Lopez, WBO featherweight champion, who in all likelihood will face the winner of this bout in May.

"We are going hard in traning, we still have a couple of weeks. I'm stationed in Caguas and focused on my match with Conception. Thanks to Juanma for the promotion that he is giving me unintentionally. A few weeks ago in a pre-weigh in, he said I had no name and I got to work my way. That he was the man of the moment and I was not in his plans. And yesterday (before yesterday) he got his mouth shut, because his promoters said they will stay tuned to who wins, between me and Barnabe

Santiago, with record of 21-1-1 and 14KOs, had a chance against Steven Luevano, the now former WBO featherweight champion, tying the bout where many saw him win.

"And this fight with Concepcion is very important. My future depends on it. We have to win. It is life or death and I'm giving it hard because we know the importance of this fight. Then we'll talk about that. I let him continue to give me promotion, "he said.

He explained that his interest now is to overcome the Filipino and then have time to think about Lopez or whoever stands on his way.

"I'm not going to fight him now, all be fighting Concepcion. That is my concern, my opponent and my opponent right now. As soon a I pass him, let's see if I will be faced by Juanma or ducked as they did with Caballero and now Gamboa whom they will fight in 2011. I mean, what are we talking about here? He wants to fight the best but look, Caballero disrespected him, he said a few words and do not want to fight him. What is it then?, "he added.

While he said has seen a couple of videos of Conception which he considers has an aggressive style with a strong physique and is aware that a fight will be different than he did against Luevano, losing by disqualification.

"We will be ready for whatever comes and will want to change your fighting style, where they looked good. We have a good workout and plan to win by any means. It is very important and necessary to do so. Training and cantonment will superbi and a week before we go to Las Vegas, "he said.

On the other hand, said he made the fight Luevano Lopez, who he said made an excellent demonstration that earned him the title.

"He fought very well and is champion in two divisions. Luevano I saw the fight and he did look good to him. He stopped to exchange punches from the first round and took not even a boxing techniques. The contragolpeo always used, was not beaten. I said before, the smartest and the plan to implant the fight, will win. And Juanma could do it and knock him out "settlement.

El VOCERO

Juanma ducking Cabellero was one of the most disgraceful of the year. Only Mayweather ducking Mosely will top it in the last 12 months.

Comment

Why does everyone want to f-f-fight the ff..aggot Juanma?

Comment

If Juanma lets Gamboa fight Caballero he will look bad and if on top of that he doenst fight Santiago pending he wins, he will look even worst!

People will tear him a new one, here in Puerto Rico

Comment

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
          If Juanma lets Gamboa fight Caballero he will look bad and if on top of that he doenst fight Santiago pending he wins, he will look even worst!

People will tear him a new one, here in Puerto Rico
          Arum must know that Gamb-b-oa is leaps and b-b-ounds better than Lopez and d-d-doesn't feel the need to protect him. He's p-protecting Juanma t-t-to milk the fight between him and Gamboa. Gam-b-boa will KO him silly.

T-Tr-True

Ssstory

Comment

Santiago wont get past Concepcion.

Comment

juanma needs to take control of his career and fight caballero next

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
                juanma needs to take control of his career and fight caballero next
                Yeap! Viste el articulo de endi, que el decia que no habia demanda para ver Caballero contra a el.

Ya va por mal camino!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
                  Yeap! Viste el articulo de endi, que el decia que no habia demanda para ver Caballero contra a el.

Ya va por mal camino!!

Diablo, le voy a tener q ponerle el nombre Juan Mayweather Lopez. lol

Comment

No se tu Champ, pero yo vi a Juanma como que demasiado lento en la pelea con Luevano... a veces hasta tiraba algarete... cuando empezo el septimo asalto se veia cansao'.... yo no se si el le esta huyendo a esa gente pero no se ha visto muy bien ultimamente.

Comment

Working...
                    X