No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: "FLOYD MAYWEATHER AND THE CHICKEN THEORY"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LEFTYGUNZZ View Post
    No I was just saying that Cotto had 2 fights at 147lbs before May of 07 is all....Lefty
    Quintana a green fighter and urkal a nobody. That all it takes to get a figth with floyd, right. Yeah, Ok!

Comment

Originally posted by rommel357 View Post
      We respect his skills, no one can deny that. We don't necessarily respect his selection of opponents and opponents that he had specifically and intentionally avoided. In other words, it's obvious that he got skills but it is not really tested due to the fact that he hasn't fought any top WW since Judah and Baldomir, that's going back 5yrs ago. So how can he call himself the greatest if you haven't fought any great fighters.

5 Years ago is 2005, He fought at 147 against Judah in 2006 under Top ranks/Arum the guy who made all his fights, He fought Baldomir in 2006 also so where do you get 5 years??

Comment

Originally posted by Ray` View Post
        So Pacquiao should have found a way to fight people like Juan diaz, Guzman, Funeka, Campbell etc???
        After seeing Pac beat Oscar at 147 and hatton at 140 would you have wanted to see him fight those guys? Prolly not but after he beat Diaz at 135lbs and if he cose to stay there then he would have prolly had been demenaded to fight those guys just like Floyd was demanded to clean out his division...lefty

Comment

Floyds level of opposition will always be in question untill he takes risks. The reality of Margarito, PAcquiao, Clottey, Cotto and etc. being Top Rank fighters will always be the main reason Floyd didn't fight them. He called SSM and Shane didn't want the fight at the time.

When was the last time FLoyd fought a Top Rank boxer?

The word IF will always be affiliated with PBF untill he takes those risks. FLoyd is a great fighter and untill he takes them risks his legacy will be one of IF.

Comment

Originally posted by LEFTYGUNZZ View Post
            After seeing Pac beat Oscar at 147 and hatton at 140 would you have wanted to see him fight those guys? Prolly not but after he beat Diaz at 135lbs and if he cose to stay there then he would have prolly had been demenaded to fight those guys just like Floyd was demanded to clean out his division...lefty

Couldnt he have fought them before He fought Oscar or Hatton according to your Floyd logic??

Comment

Originally posted by boxaholic View Post
              Floyds level of opposition will always be in question untill he takes risks. The reality of Margarito, PAcquiao, Clottey, Cotto and etc. being Top Rank fighters will always be the main reason Floyd didn't fight them. He called SSM and Shane didn't want the fight at the time.

When was the last time FLoyd fought a Top Rank boxer?

The word IF will always be affiliated with PBF untill he takes those risks. FLoyd is a great fighter and untill he takes them risks his legacy will be one of IF.
              The TOP RANK theroy I like it. I agree to some extent but fights can get made even if there is a BIG hatred for each other. Look at Tyson vs Lewis. You had two promoters Showtime aka Don King Network at the time and HBO combine to put together a very lucrative fight and one everyone was calling for about 10 years...Lefty

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
                He looks great against those bums and old fighter. Wish he would put his skills to the test against an elite, young fighter at WW that would test his skills.
                a loser calling pro boxers bums.. your opinion >>

Comment

Originally posted by cortdawg25 View Post
                  Quintana a green fighter and urkal a nobody. That all it takes to get a figth with floyd, right. Yeah, Ok!
                  your missing my point brother you said he didn't have his first WW fight until after Floyd fought Oscar I was simply pointng out that he had already fougth at WW two times...Lefty
                  Last edited by LEFTYGUNZZ; 01-21-2010, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cortdawg25 View Post
                    u can go after him all u want, but be correct in what u say. That's what i'm pointing out. a lot criticism people have for him is revisionist history and non factual.

Blood testing is nothing new just like fighting for titles at catchweights is nothing new!

and the reason why it's non factual.......... mayweather. he had the opportunity to really cement his place in history but didn't. you're right by saying that arum don't mind cotto/clottey (keep money to himself)

think about this one call from mayweather saying that he wants cotto...... arum will find a way to make it happen. more exposure for cotto and it will make way more than cotto/clottey so the money won't be an issue at all and a chance for one of his fighters to beat mayweather come'on.

finding a way not to fight the best is nothing new too. just sad.... what a waste of talent

i gotta go i don't want to be rude by not replying to your post

mayweather fall in that category of athletes (WHAT IF) he still have time to make it up but for now what if............
                    Last edited by noname007; 01-21-2010, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray` View Post
                      Couldnt he have fought them before He fought Oscar or Hatton according to your Floyd logic??
                      Read my Floyd post a little bit closer I do not knock Floyd for fighting Oscar Judah and even Baldi I just state what many others say about him. Yes if you read some of my posts from aroudn the time Manny was going to fight Oscar I said Nate Campbell should be pissed...

Is De la Hoya scared???

Why isn't nate Campbell making a bigger stink?

Check out those two thread brother...lefty

Comment

Working...
                      X