Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Still no petition to upgrade drug testing protocol in ANY state.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
    Seriously, its been NO secret that boxers have been caught using PED's in the sport of boxing. If this is REALLY a serious issue that the Mayweather camp is GENUINELY concerned about, why only NOW?

Don't give me any of this "fight of the century" bull**** because EVERY MAJOR fight is important to a boxer's career. So with the possibility that any fighter could have been on PED's, why did they not ask in their previous fights, "hey, how do we know this guy isn't juicing?". Why, up until NOW, is the Mayweather camp questioning the integrity and credibility of NSAC?

You guys can come up with all the reasoning and excuses in the world, but don't try to feed us the "Floyd, the knight in shinning armor" tripe.
    I see what you are saying, but do his motivations have to matter?

If there is a better testing practice out there, I think a boxer has the right to demand it, no matter what his motivations are. Who are we to say what he can and cant demand when its his health on the line?

And please stop with the "why only now" question. There is such a thing called progress. Why are YOU against it?

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
      Seriously, its been NO secret that boxers have been caught using PED's in the sport of boxing. If this is REALLY a serious issue that the Mayweather camp is GENUINELY concerned about, why only NOW?
      Who else were there suspicions about?

mayweather called Shane a steroid user on television MONTHS before he asked for this clause.

Clearly, he was thinking about it. CLEARLY.

Comment

Are you guys against Olympic Style Testing?

Yes or No.

Comment

Originally posted by El Jesus View Post

If i drew a parallel between manny eating a dog he loved because he thought it tasted good, and manny cheating on his wife because he thought it would be ok at the time not only would it play on a racial stereotype thats wrongly attributed to the filipino population, you people would lose your minds.

No matter what, a black man as a friend chicken logo dont sit well with me. im not reporting anyone, im not red K'ing anyone, but im lettin it be known i dont like it.

Mega-cosign.

The fried chicken thing is blatant racism. I went onto the manny pacquiao facebook page, and the Pinoys were calling Floyd's family monkeys.

You can go online and find a lot of racial slurs and insults attributable to Filipinos. And you never see any Mayweather fans referring to Pinoys as any of them.

Take a look at pac's mom. You never see FMJ fans commenting on her looks.

But the mods allow it one way...but not the other. So it is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Hijo de Dios View Post
            Mega-cosign.

The fried chicken thing is blatant racism. I went onto the manny pacquiao facebook page, and the Pinoys were calling Floyd's family monkeys.

You can go online and find a lot of racial slurs and insults attributable to Filipinos. And you never see any Mayweather fans referring to Pinoys as any of them.

there are a few mayweather fans that have made slanderous comments about the filipino people so i wont take sides and pretend like it doesnt happen because it does.

what you get on the mayweather side is the same thing yougot with the mexicans which is that the phillipines is a ****ty country and pac is all they have etc. however most of the time its more classism than anything else, mixed with a whole lot of xenophobia.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian 28 View Post

Yes or No.
              I'm for stricter drug testing in the sport, but I disagree completely with how Floyd handled the situation.

I think it's good for Floyd to bring up the issue to the forefront, whether he meant to or not, but if he wanted to follow through with it, he would take his requests to the commission and use his popularity and star power to try and change the system.

I don't think bringing this issue up during negotiations of a superfight is the right forum to bring up this issue. I think if Floyd was serious about cleaning up the sport, he would demanded this kind of testing when he was coming back. And I think it's unfair to single out Pacquiao, because even if he is cheating, it would be incredibly naive to assume he's the only one. Why not ask how Ricky Hatton can balloon to over 200 pounds, but somehow get to 140-147 in fighting shape within months? Why not make sure that Marquez didn't cheat to climb from 135 to 147? He's been talking about Shane Mosley taking steroids, why not bring up blood testing when Shane was calling him out? All those guys are just as suspicious as Pacquiao, if not more.

Is that fair? Or am I a ******* just because I don't agree with how Floyd handled the process.

Comment

Originally posted by Parody View Post
                It is racial, because of KFC logo but since when has it not been racial ? If you look at the sigs and avatars of some of the pinoy brothers here, it shows clear racism.

Watch this video and please tell me there is no racism intended at all, please.
                every individual has a different perception about certain things.
                and as you've stated, its clear to you that the pictures you've shown are racial.

i may or may not agree, but i will not contest your opinion of the matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian 28 View Post

Yes or No.
                  I hope you wouldn't make another thread about this.

Mods need to limit the number of threads per member.
                  Last edited by toyi; 01-11-2010, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rottentothecore View Post
                    every individual has a different perception about certain things.
                    and as you've stated, its clear to you that the pictures you've shown are racial.

i may or may not agree, but i will not contest your opinion of the matter.
                    i just posted this on SOHH.coms sports forum to see what reaction it would draw

http://forums.projectcovo.com/showthread.php?t=2499321

Comment

Originally posted by Hijo de Dios View Post
                      Mega-cosign.

Holy **** your ****ing lying...

Ive see so many racist remakes against pinoys up in here.

From calling them chimp, migets, small Penis, Dog eaters, Poor, I hope a hurricane can kill the rest of the pinoys.

and most of these are from *****s..

Comment

Working...
                      X