No announcement yet.

Roach: "If they give me a 5 DAY WINDOW...."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by project xxx1 View Post
    i dont get it mate,they keep owning themselves and floyd haters are still trying to blame him,even now after hes gone infront of the world and said ill gice you a 14 day cut off period,what else do they want?say what you want i call that a DUCK.
    This just came out yesterday... give it a minute...

Comment

• Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
      These stipulations were in the contract from day 1 of negotiations.. only a few weeks ago have they made a big deal about the testing when it was in the contract the entire time.
      Hmm, I would really love to see this contract or the draft as many have mentioned before. I've only heard hearsays about this but no contract or draft to show. If I can be pointed out to this article I would really appreciate it.

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
      I think both sides were equally rushed to make a compromise, and at this point we are the closest we have ever been to that. With the press conferences originially slated for next week anyways, surely 3 days is enough time for Pac to decide if 2 full weeks is sufficient for him.
      Let's wait and see.

Comment

• Originally posted by AIR_KENG View Post
        Hmm, I would really love to see this contract or the draft as many have mentioned before. I've only heard hearsays about this but no contract or draft to show. If I can be pointed out to this article I would really appreciate it.

Let's wait and see.
        Well obviously the contract would never be released to the public, ever. Schaeffer came out and said the stipulations had been in the contract from day one... Arum never denied these comments, but only a few weeks ago disagreed with the testing.

Comment

• Originally posted by shabs View Post
          well u have heard bob arum turn down that offer so well its basically the same thing at this time unless pac comes out and says its on because the real compromise has been made its up to pac to take the fight
          If you still believe arum at this point then your nuts. I am fan of Manny. Definitely not a fan of Bob.

Comment

With the amount of money on the table.. full negotiations is nothing less than absolutely understandable.

50/50, weight, and the same protocol you've used for all your fights. That's it. Full negotiations like this dragged through the public KILLS boxing as a whole.

But they didnt refuse initially... the contracts had been given to Arum from day 1, and he never mentioned the testing until a few weeks ago when it had been there the entire time.

No ones seen the contacts. Im sure theres drafts, they go over things, things get changed, etc. What may not have been clear was the random testing with no cutoff date which is where we are today. Who knows. Also funny how negotiations were private until team mayweather went public on manny refusing drug testing

Well first of all, he still has never come in over 147lbs for a welterweight fight. Second of all, even if he did come in over the contractual weight agreement, which has been done before plenty of time in boxing... has anyone else.... EVER.... EVER... been made to sign a 10 million dollar penalty clause? EVER?
            I don't care if he's ever come in overweight. You cheat once your subject to that sort of contingency plan as far as I'm concerned. Nobody has had a 10 million dollar per pound penalty no, but that shows you the reputation of one floyd mayweather. Had he not come in over vs Marquez you think there would be an issue? In your own words if Floyd didn't like it, he should have refused from day 1. He accepted, simply because he knows he'll have NO trouble making the weight so it's a moot point.

If your second drinking & driving offence more serious than the 1st?

Comment

Well obviously the contract would never be released to the public, ever. Schaeffer came out and said the stipulations had been in the contract from day one... Arum never denied these comments, but only a few weeks ago disagreed with the testing.
              Exactly what I thought. Nobody has really seen the contract so no one can verify. The thing with statements from Schaefer and Arum is that they are very inconsistent. And not because Arum didn't deny it, doen't mean that it's true.

Comment

• Originally posted by sandyvahra View Post
                I don't care if he's ever come in overweight. You cheat once your subject to that sort of contingency plan as far as I'm concerned. Nobody has had a 10 million dollar per pound penalty no, but that shows you the reputation of one floyd mayweather. Had he not come in over vs Marquez you think there would be an issue? In your own words if Floyd didn't like it, he should have refused from day 1. He accepted, simply because he knows he'll have NO trouble making the weight so it's a moot point.

Well the point is, you claim the concessions that Manny makes.. but you don't accept the concessions that Floyd has made. Regardless if Floyd came in over weight, nobody has ever agreed to a 10 million dollar penalty.. and he agreed immediately... my point of that comment, like yours previously, was that it was also a concession. A huge one.

You are comparing the state law to boxing negotiations? That's completely different. Have other boxers gone over contracted weight? Have they ever had to pay a 10 million dollar penalty? EVER?

100k, Ok.... 1 million... eh, alright.

10 MILLION DOLLARS. That is a HUGE concession.

Comment

Well every other fighter in the sport winds down on fight week, otherwise come fight time your body will be over worked. You would use PEDs during your training camp to enhance the work you are putting in. You are not putting in that same work on fight week so really, it would be pointless to use it at that point.

You just aren't killing yourself in the gym a week before fight time.. you just aren't...

Agreed, but this is a brought down method. I still think with PED's it would change the dynamic of training camp. Winding down or not, if you have it in your system and flush it closer to fight night with heavy or light work at the end of the day you've been using.

Ofcourse im no doctor, but common sense tells me that If i can flush it out in 48 hours, Ill use it up until 2 days before the fight regardless of how heavy or light im working in camp.

Comment

• Originally posted by sandyvahra View Post

I mean I don't even know why you are dildoing on about this issue. Floyd agreed to the penalties. Very graciously I might add.

So your rage about cheating is pointless.

Comment

• Originally posted by AIR_KENG View Post
                      Exactly what I thought. Nobody has really seen the contract so no one can verify. The thing with statements from Schaefer and Arum is that they are very inconsistent. And not because Arum didn't deny it, doen't mean that it's true.
                      Well based on Arums consistency to drop news every hour on the hour about what ISNT true that has been said, he has never denied these stipulations weren't there from day one.

All the comments he has made about the testing, he has never said "they just threw it in the last minute"... and if that were actually true, it is definitely something Arum would bring up to prove Floyd is trying to kill the fight. It's actually reasonable to believe these stipulations were there from day one.

Comment

Working...
                      X