Rafael: "Mayweather Camp Didnt Make ANY Effort"

Collapse
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • shadeyfizzle
    Undisputed Champion
    Super Champion - 5,000-10,000 posts
    • Feb 2008
    • 7448
    • 160
    • 43
    • 13,959

    #1

    Rafael: "Mayweather Camp Didnt Make ANY Effort"

    The much-anticipated showdown between Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather, tentatively scheduled for March 13 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, isn't happening, Top Rank promoter Bob Arum told ESPN.com on Wednesday night.


    So much for the media burning Pacquiao at the stake like *****s claim would happen.
  • MARKBNLV
    Banned
    Unified Champion - 10,00-20,000 posts
    • Feb 2009
    • 17497
    • 789
    • 707
    • 27,868

    #2
    Floyd wanted the cutoff to be at 14 days which i find reasonable.

    Comment

    • DLT
      DMV
      Unified Champion - 10,00-20,000 posts
      • Nov 2004
      • 17087
      • 737
      • 35
      • 24,277

      #3
      Look at the time on the article and he gets it all from Arum which is dumb for him to even go strictly off of but he's a Floyd hater anyways

      Comment

      • shadeyfizzle
        Undisputed Champion
        Super Champion - 5,000-10,000 posts
        • Feb 2008
        • 7448
        • 160
        • 43
        • 13,959

        #4
        Originally posted by DLT
        Look at the time on the article and he gets it all from Arum which is dumb for him to even go strictly off of but he's a Floyd hater anyways
        Not his fault noone from GBP or Mayweather camps would comment on the situation.

        Comment

        • -EX-
          Trading Block Tycoon
          Franchise Champion - 20,000+ posts
          • Jan 2006
          • 21258
          • 720
          • 689
          • 32,678

          #5
          "Before the mediation, my team proposed a 14-day, no blood testing window leading up to the fight. But it was rejected," Mayweather said. "I am still proposing the 14-day window but he is still unwilling to agree to it, even though this is obviously a fair compromise on my part as I wanted the testing to be up until the fight and he wanted a 30 day cutoff. The truth is he just doesn't want to take the tests.

          - Floyd Mayweather

          Comment

          • DE100
            Undisputed Champion
            Super Champion - 5,000-10,000 posts
            • Aug 2008
            • 5100
            • 374
            • 59
            • 11,729

            #6
            Originally posted by fountino
            Sorry but thats from this morning.. there has been other reports since then..
            Exactly, **** always goes back and forth. There has been new developments.

            Wait you know about the new developments cause you posted in the thread and you still go on to post older news. smh.
            Last edited by DE100; 01-07-2010, 09:03 PM.

            Comment

            • InfoMinister
              Banned
              Silver Champion - 100-500 posts
              • Dec 2009
              • 104
              • 13
              • 0
              • 157

              #7
              Originally posted by shadeyfizzle
              http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=4803490

              So much for the media burning Pacquiao at the stake like *****s claim would happen.
              Nice avatar, The man really is "all chicken"

              Comment

              • jrosales13
                undisputed champion
                Franchise Champion - 20,000+ posts
                • Sep 2008
                • 32632
                • 739
                • 763
                • 40,023

                #8
                Everybody should just calm the fuck down until everything comes out...

                Comment

                • shadeyfizzle
                  Undisputed Champion
                  Super Champion - 5,000-10,000 posts
                  • Feb 2008
                  • 7448
                  • 160
                  • 43
                  • 13,959

                  #9
                  Originally posted by The_Executioner
                  "Before the mediation, my team proposed a 14-day, no blood testing window leading up to the fight. But it was rejected," Mayweather said. "I am still proposing the 14-day window but he is still unwilling to agree to it, even though this is obviously a fair compromise on my part as I wanted the testing to be up until the fight and he wanted a 30 day cutoff. The truth is he just doesn't want to take the tests.

                  - Floyd Mayweather
                  "To Pacquiao's credit he was already doing blood testing above and beyond what is called for. He was insistent on 30day cut off before but moved to 24 days. The Mayweather camp wouldnt budge at all. So at least Pacquiao was trying to make a little bit of an effort here. The Mayweather camp as far as I understand didnt make ANY effort"

                  -Dan Rafael ESPN

                  Comment

                  • madsweeney
                    Undisputed Champion
                    Platinum Champion - 1,000-5,000 posts
                    • Jun 2009
                    • 4551
                    • 508
                    • 298
                    • 14,237

                    #10
                    I think Floyd just pulled the 14 day claim outta his ass to save face.

                    To his credit I'm damn glad he did because this will make the fight happen.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    TOP