Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather-Pacquiao: No Deal Reached, Fight Likely Off!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
    floyd ain't gonna fight mosley... he will fight matt hatton. you know its true
    shamed by mosley yet too scared to take the fight! THE GREATEST EVER ducker... he should go back to amateur, he wants to ONLY win on pts anyway lol

Comment

• OMG i saw this the news during the lakers/clippers half time report and i was like wtf s***!!! Well, I was hoping anyways that the fight happens in fall so that theres gonna be bigger hype.

Comment

• Random blood test is bullsht.

How about random tests to see if they have balls.

Comment

• the fight is off?!? ........cool, I'm sick of hearing these 2 dudes's name!!.....thank the boxing gods for warriors like Sugar Shane and Berto!!

Comment

• http://philboxing.com/news/story-32350.html

I think you better have to read this...

Right after the fight would be sufficient enough to detect if Pac is using steroid or not but how come mayweather turned it off..

Comment

• Originally posted by start11 View Post
              http://philboxing.com/news/story-32350.html

Right after the fight would be sufficient enough to detect if Pac is using steroid or not but how come mayweather turned it off..
              The problem with this article is that it's biased. The title itself isn't a credible source to gather legit information.

Comment

• Originally posted by start11 View Post
                http://philboxing.com/news/story-32350.html

Wrong. Firstly, if Pacquiao was using steroids, after the fight would not suffice. Why? Because the only PED which cannot be detected in the urine is the Human Growth Hormone, the purpose of which is to build abnormally large amounts of muscle for the athlete during training. Pacquiao's camp could simply use the Human Growth Hormone for training until about 40 days before the fight (then he can be certain that it will not show up in the blood test which is 30 days before the fight), and then use, perhaps, 20 of the next days to continue building muscle with the Human Growth Hormone. Then, 10 days afterwards, the Human Growth Hormone would have left his system and the after-fight blood test would show up clean. By that time, he would have built up more than enough muscle.

Secondly, even if the after-fight blood test was positive for Pacquiao, it makes no difference. Mayweather Sr. is not willing to let his son go through the fight (which may be career-ending, as it was for Ricky Hatton, De La Hoya and possibly Cotto), only to receive compensation afterwards. After all, he may be severely injured.

Comment

• Originally posted by GameGod View Post
                  Wrong. Firstly, if Pacquiao was using steroids, after the fight would not suffice. Why? Because the only PED which cannot be detected in the urine is the Human Growth Hormone, the purpose of which is to build abnormally large amounts of muscle for the athlete during training. Pacquiao's camp could simply use the Human Growth Hormone for training until about 40 days before the fight (then he can be certain that it will not show up in the blood test which is 30 days before the fight), and then use, perhaps, 20 of the next days to continue building muscle with the Human Growth Hormone. Then, 10 days afterwards, the Human Growth Hormone would have left his system and the after-fight blood test would show up clean. By that time, he would have built up more than enough muscle.

Secondly, even if the after-fight blood test was positive for Pacquiao, it makes no difference. Mayweather Sr. is not willing to let his son go through the fight (which may be career-ending, as it was for Ricky Hatton, De La Hoya and possibly Cotto), only to receive compensation afterwards. After all, he may be severely injured.

I kind of agree with you and I'm not taking any sides on this, because it's clear that both camps are pushing it and don't really want this fight unless it's on their own perfect terms. Only that there is another side to it where both fighters will have to come at 147lbs to the weight in, not a 200lbs juiced up Pacman and a 147lbs skinny and weak Mayweather, which lowers the big fuss people are making about all that.

IMO, Mayweather camp could solve this rather easily by putting up a clause on the contract stating that Pacman loses 75% of his purse in favor of Mayweather if he is caught in any of the tests made after the fight, or gets fined heavilly and the fight is off with all the penalties going Pacquiao's way if he is caught in a test before the fight. Of course it would be valid both ways but Pacman would not have a problem with it if he is not using ilegal stuff, and the fight would be saved. Well if this clause was rejected by some camp than all they would have to do is make it public and everybody would know who is really ducking who .

Comment

• Originally posted by King22 View Post
                    **** is wack Pacquiao should have just took the tests
                    mayweathers started it all.....
                    floyd shouldn't have demanded the stupid test.!!
                    gbp agreed to a 24-day cut-off which they relayed to floyd.
                    floyd should have compromised if he really wants to fyt.!!
                    floyd instead pulled the plug on the mediation ....
                    Last edited by jetgeomcx; 01-07-2010, 07:41 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Go Blue View Post
                      everybody in this thread should be pissed.

burner! lmao

Comment

Working...
                      X