Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dr. Margaret Goodman Sets The Record Straight On Drug Testing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems like a pretty good interview to me. You have someone from the NSAC that knew the testing wasn't good enough then, and knows it certainly isn't good enough now. Her angle is that it isn't so much an issue about cheater, as it is about the health of the fighters. She also says all fighters should be tested. It's not an issue of this fight to her. It's a general health issue and this is a chance for the commission to step up.

Floyd had the right to ask for the testing. Pac has the right to refuse the testing. I just think refusing was the wrong choice.

The biggest problem is the promoters are all scumbags. Arum sticks up for a guy that tried to load his gloves, so what's he going to care about drug use? I doubt Schaeffer cares either.

Comment

Damn, she said everyone was on HGH.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
        Damn, she said everyone was on HGH.
        Well, not really. She said it was cost prohibitive for most athletes because it costs thousands of dollars per month, if her understanding of the cost was still correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Red_Menace View Post
          Well, not really. She said it was cost prohibitive for most athletes because it costs thousands of dollars per month, if her understanding of the cost was still correct.
          No, she actually said it.
          The program led off with excerpts from the interview, and that
          was one of them. I agree with what she's trying to say (though
          it takes her 10x longer to say it than most), but that was a very
          unprofessional statement.

Comment

Originally posted by horge View Post
            No, she actually said it.
            The program led off with excerpts from the interview, and that
            was one of them. I agree with what she's trying to say (though
            it takes her 10x longer to say it than most), but that was a very
            unprofessional statement.
            Yeah, I know she said it as a generality. But if you listen to the whole thing she says it's unaffordable for many athletes, so she obviously doesn't think ALL fighters are using it.

The only thing I hate about this interview is about a third of the way through the guy conducting the interview starts rambling and she barely gets to talk.

Comment

Working...
            X