Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao "Dirty Test" Penalties Blasted By Arum

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• that says a lot. 40 mil is a lot of money and pac can just take it and fight floyd, win or lose he gets the money. he's not protecting a zero loss record, unlike floyd, he doesnt have problems with the internal revenue, unlike floyd, and of course, he's well liked by the boxing world for being humble, again, unlike floyd. who's ducking who? floyd fought JMM who is 2 weight divisions smaller. unlike pac who fought the number 1 welterweight.who's cheating??? he came in 2lbs heavier to further the weight advantage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gutz View Post
      Bob Arum is alot more trust worthy then Mayweather and GBP..
      Yeah, here's the "proof" :

BOB ARUM ENSHRINED ON “WALL OF SHAME”
      October 8th, 2009 By RingTalk

THE SHEIK JOINS THE “WALL OF SHAME”

Las Vegas, NV- Bob Arum is the most powerful man in boxing! As the man behind the Top Rank promotional firm, Arum, a Harvard graduate in the late 1950s, became a United States Attorney under then Attorney General Robert Kennedy. While collecting tax money from a Sonny Liston heavyweight title defense circa 1962, Arum was bitten by the boxing bug. After the assassination of President John Kennedy, Arum felt the need to resign his position with the “G” and became a boxing promoter.

PUT THIS “QUOTE” ON ARUM’S TOMBSTONE!

With Muhammad Ali his first client, Arum has been involved in big fights since the mid 1960s. His most famous quote is, “Yesterday I was lying, but today I’m telling the truth.”

MET WITH & THEN SENT BRIBE MONEY TO LEE

In the mid 1990s, Arum committed a host of Felonies when he admittedly gave then IBF President Bob Lee over $100,000 as a “bribe” to allow George Foreman, then heavyweight champ, to fight Axel Schultz instead of a top contender. He accomplished this by laundering the money through Europe with then booking agent Stan Hoffman. Shortly thereafter, Arum admitted such in a US Dept. of Justice affidavit that was published here at RingTalk.com. The fallout saw Arum fined in a number of states, while unable to promote in Arizona.

ARUM SUED IN LAS VEGAS

This writer sued Arum after he was quoted in a Las Vegas newspaper stating, “He (Pedro Fernandez) isn’t a real boxing writer.” Arum settled out of court for $10,000.

“THE SHEIK” IS WORTH BETTER THAN $200 MILLION

Now close to 80 years of age, Arum is still the most powerful man in boxing! One could only debate whether that would be the case if Don King had admitted to such crimes. We welcome Bob “The Sheik” Arum to the Ring Talk “Wall of Shame.”

http://ringtalk.com/the-wall-of-shame

Comment

• Close contacts at CNBC

Now that is funny. This is kind of the retailiation I was talking about when the suit was filed(?). I commented that Schaefer and GBP will start blasting a bunch of weird and mostly false information to the press. This is a classic case of backtracking to build a case in court.

Anyways, when you read something like "a close contact" "close to the negotiations" is like a janitor listening in across the other room. OR I can have a close friend from CNBC just leak out some ****** information in the nearest watering hole and say that Floyd has one testicle and needs special medication which makes him wacko. You know how fast that will be online. LOL!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorily View Post
          Sorry, not my fault... I paid for exactly 1 PBF fight and then refused to ever pay for his PPV again. Fortunately, I have HBO so I wait it out and watch it. I'm always glad I didn't pay for it. However, the one fight I have said I would buy (when Mayweather came out of ret.) was Pac vs. Mayweather. Imma have to re think that one too.
          IMO it was obvious after the Baldomir fight. After the fight he said to Larry Merchant "We fought like warriors and gave the fans a good fight." Pssshhhh.
          yeah a good fight for him means, he's winning. he got irked when asked by Merchant he would consider it a good fight when people are booing and started to go out after the 10th round. good fight to showcase his defense ability, maybe. but interesting fight? nah, i dont think so.

Comment

• This sounds like a total load of rubbish, what next

Comment

• Originally posted by Erudite View Post
              Woudn't it be a kick in the ass if Pacquiao went ahead and fought Foreman, Mosley or another opponent while also submitting to more stringent testing. Especially if he passes tests, fights Foreman and gains another title. That in essense would negate Mayweather faction's claims of PEDs and also take away the most lucrative payday and career defining match for Mayweather. I know, I know it would also affect PacMan financially but just a thought.

Personally I'd like to see him fight Mosley as (in my opinion) that would be a better fight,
              i agree it's an interesting suggestion. contact shane for a fight using olympic style random blood testing, and let floyd find another opponent like matthew hatton.

Comment

• Originally posted by boxing77 View Post
                I was waiting for this day for floyd to expose himself,after running his big mouth saying pac was a one dementional fighter,and now showing his fear of taking punshment in the ring,NOW NOBODY CUD SAY THAT HE HASENT AVOIDED FIGHTERS,THANKS FLOYD!!!!!floyd used t be great(135)PAC IS THE GREATER FIGTER!!!!ONCE AGAIN THAKS FLYD FOR JUST SIMPLY SHOWING FEAR,KNOW THE WORLD KNOWS U AINT GOT NO BALLS!!!!!And many souldnt let this clown try to call special shots!!!!!
                ok if Pac take the random test fight will be signed asap so how is PBF to blame or is running?

Comment

• Originally posted by reynoldsaniana View Post
                  yeah a good fight for him means, he's winning. he got irked when asked by Merchant he would consider it a good fight when people are booing and started to go out after the 10th round. good fight to showcase his defense ability, maybe. but interesting fight? nah, i dont think so.
                  I often wondered after the FMJ vs. ODLH fight if Oscar and Floyd had a secret agreement on letting FMJ win. He (ODLH)was actually winning the first half of the fight IMO until his quote "jab just wasn't working for me tonight". Funny, it worked the first half of the fight. Even then, FMJ came out with his 1st split decision win.
                  Even my 70 year old moms who watched it thought the same thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by odogg8121 View Post
                    Dan R. of ESPN did a chat where he said he wish it was jus more hype but that its not, it got so bad tha Arum (top rank) and Ric (GBP) had to step back and let other high up execs handle the deal cuz they were gettin to emotional...im now lookin 4ward to Berto and SSM hope cotto gets the winner
                    yeah, boxing fans. lets move on, we should look forward to SSM vs cotto II. that would be interesting.

Comment

• The only useful piece of information offered in this article was what I was thinking the whole time. Neither camp wanted the fight, not at the proposed date anyway. This is a mega fight and its needs to be milked out and promoted to its fullest. Two months is not enough to get a good promotional tour and all that other stuff out of the way while fitting in training. Expect the fight later in 2010 with the fans picking their heel, Slanderous Mayweather or Possible Pacroid. This is stage one in their(GBP/Top Rank) master plan.

Comment

Working...
                      X