Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which titlist is the biggest embarrassment - Ruiz or Frank Bruno?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which titlist is the biggest embarrassment - Ruiz or Frank Bruno?

A few years back I used to regard the extremely brief reign of Frank Bruno as heavyweight champion of the world, a complete embarrassment to the profession.

While he was popular for his projected persona of a jovial goof, Frank had a massive punch... but lacked the skills to use it. He even confessed in his autobiography that he won the championship by holding on to McCall in the 12th, absolutely shattered.

Yet then there's Ruiz, the ugliest fighter in history. A record-breaking Latino (You'll go down in history because every one of your racial genotype who tried to be a heavyweight ****** even more than you did?!!!?) he holds, he mauls, he fouls... he fights ugly. And he's dull, to boot.

But which one is the biggest blot on boxing's history? Frank snuck in in a tiny gap between overlapping Lewis/Tyson/Holyfield reigns, but Ruiz seems determined to stay.
    Frank Bruno
    12.12%
    John Ruiz
    75.76%
    Both equally
    6.06%
    Neither
    6.06%

The poll is expired.

Oquendo was robbed remenber? There should of been two Spanish Champs by now, but Ruiz hugged the **** out of him too .

Anwser: Frank Bruno

Comment

Hey, Rak. I know that you have the right to speak your mind but you always start threads discrediting Ruiz. Will you ever post about something else?

Comment

Both Equally

Comment

I don't remember Frank Bruno having that bad a boxing style, in fact the only thing I remember about Bruno is when he got KTFO by Tyson. As far as Ruiz is concerned, the overwhelming majority of fans and pundits alike percieve him as having an awful and boring fighting style and Ruiz winning most of his fights in "ugly" fashion. So if Ruiz doesn't change his style of fighting in the near future(so it is viewer friendly),I think he will go down as being the biggest embarrassment to the heavyweight champion circle.

Comment

I dont really like Ruiz, but he has done what he has to do to keep his belt. Therefore, he continues to make money at his career even with his "limited skill". The guy is apparently smart. So I give him his props. He would be more fan friendly if he stood toe to toe and just fought, but then he wouldnt be a titleholder, just a journeyman fighter.

On a nother note, the guy is as much Pueto Rican as i am. He is as much Irish as mickey ward, and as Italian as aturo gatti. Meaning he is American and grew up fighting in America, so therefore he is not Latino in the same sense as a guy from Mexico becoming Heavyweight champion. His ancestors were latino im sure, but I dont buy this first lation heavyweight champion crap.

Comment

I'm sure I voted Ruiz mainly because he's still the damn champ after all of his boring ass fights. I remember Bruno being champion, but didn't really pay attention to him until Tyson beat him so I can't say he was the bigger embarrasment.

Comment

I think Bruno is more of a Limey embarrassment... though Lennox made up for it, eh?

Comment

Bruno an embarrassment? I thought you guys loved him. Hell of a better personality than Lewis, that's for sure.

Comment

ruiz
                    whata champ.......

Comment

Working...
                    X