Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NSAC will decide if blood testing is required(LA Times story)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pistol whip View Post
    Which is why they have specific testing policies outlined by the NSAC!!! You think the NSAC is in the business of letting fighters juice? It's funny that all you Floyd fans knew nothing about steroid usage till Floyd SR opened his mouth and suddenly you are all experts on the subject.

If this was truely the case then whats stopping Floyd from demanding Manny's blood be tested every day before the fight?

Again just because Floyd demands something it "does not" make it reasonable.
    Their testing method is not the best and members of teh commision have said as much, they will catch someone who is not doing all the right things to not get caught though.

Random blood testing is reasonable demand, because while not perfect because it can still miss it makes it much a much riskier proposition. Floyd's request was reasonable USADA is a reputable agency that does all the olympic testing for the US. Sure Floyd can make unreasonable demand but asking for random blood testing is not unreasonable and he asked for 5 times which is not everyday~.

No I know all about PED from baseball and BALCO which goes back years(which Shane Mosley did not get caught by the NSAC) I have read up on the topic so I know a good deal, knowing exactly when you will be tested which is what the NSAC does makes it very tough to catch people truly trying to game the system but they will catch someone who is doing wrong but really doesn't know what to do.

Comment

Dude give me a break.. Arum and Pac know damn well that Nevada will NOT make him take a blood test. Why do you think they're leaving it up to the commission? Pac doesn't want to fight Floyd without the steroids and that's the bottom line.. You can say whatever you want. If he was clean he would have no problem taking the blood tests.

Comment

Originally posted by RodBarker View Post
        [

Floyd is demand random testing , that means Manny may not even have one test , its up to the people doing the the testing who will be a third party with no ties to either .

FLOYD IS ASKING FOR SOME REALISTIC FAIR TESTING THATS ALL >
        That maybe so, but, he's also doing the hiring for that testing!

And, up to now, we still haven't heard from Mo**ey Mayweather's side whether they're okay with NSAC deciding on how to go about testing!!

Comment

Originally posted by pistol whip View Post
          Thats fine but "I" also have perfect reasoning to question his manhood and his motives since he failed to provide one shred of evidence outside of his crackhead father who has no other way to get back at Mannys trainer other than spreading rumors like a gossiping house wife.
          Then I believe you to be naive and foolish.

Comment

*****s going to duck this thread..

Floyd goign to do duck this fight..

Comment

Originally posted by markfrombrookly View Post
              Dude give me a break.. Arum and Pac know damn well that Nevada will NOT make him take a blood test. Why do you think they're leaving it up to the commission? Pac doesn't want to fight Floyd without the steroids and that's the bottom line.. You can say whatever you want. If he was clean he would have no problem taking the blood tests.
              Does that mean that you're accusing Schaefer of the same thing, when he objected to Zab's demand that Shane be blood tested ?

Comment

Originally posted by NYU Alum. View Post
                That maybe so, but, he's also doing the hiring for that testing!

And, up to now, we still haven't heard from Mo**ey Mayweather's side whether they're okay with NSAC deciding on how to go about testing!!
                You dont hire official government affiliated agency's be realistic .

Comment

Originally posted by 2120 View Post
                  If manny wants a bat in the ring and floyd gets one to. then whats the problem.
                  Are you seriously asking this question? Because it's no longer a boxing match!!!

I wanna see the two best boxers in the world fighting each other without distraction and both fighters at the top of their game. I don't want a circus with Floyd sabbatoging Manny's training camp.

Seriously all this prefight **** reminds me of a pro wrestling match complete with the villian using every underhanded trick he can use since he knows that his opponent is every bit as good as he is.

At this point if the fight happens I wouldn't be suprised if Floyd purpously knocks out the ref so he can pull brass knuckles out of his trunks and all his fans will say "well the ref didn't see it so it legal".

Comment

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
                    I dont get what the problem is. Let the NSAC rule over whether or not or how many blood tests to even do and that's that. The NSAC looks out for both fighters' best interest while USADA looks out for it's own best interest.
                    Because it doesn't work like that, for the NSAC to approve it means they would have to do it for all fights and fighters, random blood testing is expensive and would kill a lot of boxing on the lower level they would have to really examine how it would effect the sport.

Just putting it in the contract for this one fight is a much simplier solution. All Manny had to do was agree it would not ahve been a big deal and the fight would be on, instead of kicking the issue to the NSAC which will not be able to act with any speed and has to think bigger then about one fight. I don't see the problem with FLoyd wanting stronger testing though and why this became a big deal.

USADA looks to catch people cheating and does not let athletes tell them what to do, that is a much better way of catching cheaters if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by NYU Alum. View Post
                      So, did Schaefer have the same thing in mind when Zab wanted to blood test Shane ?
                      Schaefer was working and getting orders from Shane , he is currently the middleman and working for Floyd ,,, presenting the case of one does not refelect on the other .

You guys clutch at any straw you can no matter how unrealistic it is .

Comment

Working...
                      X