Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RodBarker View Post
    No case , Pac will lose badly .
    Originally posted by Motofan View Post
    Not sure how many of you know anything about how the law and courts actually work here, but odds are VERY high that this never gets to a court room. Odds are even higher that it gets tossed out if it does.
    here's what the law books say. read up.

What Are Defamation, Libel and Slander?
    Generally speaking, defamation is the issuance of a false statement about another person, which causes that person to suffer harm. Slander involves the making of defamatory statements by a transitory (non-fixed) representation, usually an oral (spoken) representation. Libel involves the making of defamatory statements in a printed or fixed medium, such as a magazine or newspaper.

Typically, the elements of a cause of action for defamation include:

A false and defamatory statement concerning another;
    The unprivileged publication of the statement to a third party (that is, somebody other than the person defamed by the statement);
    If the defamatory matter is of public concern, fault amounting at least to negligence on the part of the publisher; and
    Damage to the plaintiff.

Most jurisdictions also recognize "per se" defamation, where the allegations are presumed to cause damage to the plaintiff. Typically, the following may consititute defamation per se:

Attacks on a person's professional character or standing;
    Allegations that an unmarried person is unchaste;
    Allegations that a person is infected with a sexually transmitted disease;
    Allegations that the person has committed a crime of moral turpitude;
    done and dusted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Killa_Kali View Post
      here's what the law books say. read up.

done and dusted.
      I have real world experience with how the law works. I went to college for alot of years for it. You can cut and paste whatever you want. Im telling you reality. Manny is going nowhere with this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Motofan View Post
        I have real world experience with how the law works. I went to college for alot of years for it. You can cut and paste whatever you want. Im telling you reality. Manny is going nowhere with this.
        The fanboys dont wanna know .

Comment

• Originally posted by Motofan View Post
          two words. jurisprudence. hopkins.

Originally posted by RodBarker View Post
          The fanboys dont wanna know .
          you're too old to be a hater. all of your posts are "i hate this, i hate that." dont you have better things to do than troll a boxing forum?

Comment

two words. jurisprudence. hopkins.

you're too old to be a hater. all of your posts are "i hate this, i hate that." dont you have better things to do than troll a boxing forum?
            The only thing I hate is yoyo fanboys , I love Manny as a fighter but you lot turn me off him .

Comment

• Motofan, with your "years in real world experience" and "going to college for a lot of it," can you define what "jurisprudence" means for the common boxing fan and why I mentioned Bernard Hopkins?

Comment

• Originally posted by RodBarker View Post
                The only thing I hate is yoyo fanboys , I love Manny as a fighter but you lot turn me off him .
                nope. you're a hater troll, old man. read all of your previous posts here out loud.

Comment

• you don't have to google it up, motofan

Comment

• Case is closed. The mayweathers are guilty of slander as they have accused Manny of roids. If a paper had of done it they would be sued like papers always are.

Its just a case of what sentence they will receive. Too late to back track on their claims now. Senior said he didnt want PBF to fight Pac, for a reason. And we know what reason that is dont we?

Comment

nope. you're a hater troll, old man. read all of your previous posts here out loud.
                      Yeah why dont you go find where I hate on Manny lol , ol killa kali , lol thats a great name what was wrong with your own , you might be subconsciously accountable for your bull**** if you used your own name lol .

Comment

Working...
                      X