Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
    Dan Rafael
    (12:05 PM)

It's not that simple. Manny is willing to do blood testing but not the week of the fight, the day of the fight or at 4 a.m. Those sorts of things could happen under the way the US Anti Doping Agency runs things. He is willing to use a different company with a different protocal.

On the one hand, you have the Nevada commission, which adminsters testing the same for everyone for the last many, many years. The require urine testing before and after. Manny is willing to submit to blood tests too, just not the intrusive random 24/7 kind. I see both sides.

::::::::::::::::
    ::::::::::::::::

To me, if Pacquiao is clean, I can understand him not wanting to be waken up in the middle of the night for random drug tests. If he's willing to use different doping agencies, Mayweather should agree to that imo, as long as it's a highly respected establishment.
    Excellent post.

If the Mayweather camp want a fair fight, then this is the solution to the current impasse.

If this offer is rejected, then the game they are playing is revealed to all.

Comment

Originally posted by Chups View Post
      You don't know what superstition is??? It's different for everybody you know??
      yea I know what it is..but its a LAME excuse for the BIGGEST FIGHT IN HIS LIFE, simple as that. Until he agrees with it I don't see how you all can defend this situation. Its looking worse by the minute.

Comment

Originally posted by COACH WEBB View Post
        yea I know what it is..but its a LAME excuse for the BIGGEST FIGHT IN HIS LIFE, simple as that. Until he agrees with it I don't see how you all can defend this situation. Its looking worse by the minute.
        On the contrary. For the biggest fight of his life, why would he change ANYTHING if it has all been working for him? That's how superstition in sports works. If it ain't broke, don't ****in touch it! Feel me?

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          What does this mean? How about Pac's team come out and explain why? How about they explain the difference between the two testing?

WTF? You guys will buy anything.

"Sounds good, Floyd but I prefer the company who will test me just a couple times, thanks."
          No newbie. He's asking Floyd's camp to request the 3-5 blood tests and 8-12 urine tests in proper time--meaning, when people actually move around and work, and not having to wake-up in the middle of the night to piss or drain blood.

Comment

Originally posted by Splackavellie View Post
            On the contrary. For the biggest fight of his life, why would he change ANYTHING if it has all been working for him? That's how superstition in sports works. If it ain't broke, don't ****in touch it! Feel me?
            ^^^^what he said

Comment

Originally posted by chosen0309 View Post
              Didn't he say he was willing to take the test immediately after the fight? Why is it a big deal that he take the test sometime before the fight? Wouldn't signs of performance enhancement drugs show up on a test immediately after the fight as well as on a test before the fight? I don't know too much about blood testing and what-not, maybe someone can clear this up.
              World records in sports are broken by better athletes, better training methods, better nutrition or new drugs. Drugs appear to be the cause of many recent records in sports requiring strength and speed. Many bicycle racers know that some drugs that make them better riders can’t be detected by testing techniques that are available today. A recent study shows that laboratories have no definitive test to discover athletes who take erythropoietin (EPO), a drug to boost their red blood cell counts (Haematologica, August, 2006). Athletes have found that taking very low doses of EPO daily will raise red blood cell counts, and will not give test results high enough to show that they are taking extra EPO.

The primary limiting factor to how fast a person can ride a bicycle over long distances is the time it takes to move oxygen from the lungs into the muscles. So anything that increases oxygen transport from the lungs into the bloodstream, or carries more oxygen in the bloodstream, or moves oxygen faster from the blood into muscles will make a person a faster bicycle racer. Since more than 95 percent of the oxygen in the bloodstream is carried by hemoglobin in red blood cells, anything that increases the concentration of red blood cells will help a racer ride faster.

When healthy people do not get enough oxygen, their kidneys produce a hormone called EPO that causes the bone marrow to make more red blood cells. When athletes are given additional EPO, their red blood cell counts rise and their performance improves.

Doctors can do blood tests for EPO, but the hormone lasts only a few days in the bloodstream, so athletes who stop taking EPO several days before testing may not be caught. Some athletes tried to foil the test by adding pepsin, a chemical found in spot removers, to their urine samples. However this destroyed all of the EPO including their own natural EPO, so they failed the test because a person is supposed to have some EPO. The new study shows that athletes have now found a way to circumvent the test by taking very low doses of EPO every day.

If Manny were doping, and stopped using EPO the day before the fight - while it would show up in a test prior to the fight, and despite the fact that it would still be in his system to give him additional red blood cells to enhance his performance, it is quite possible, given the right dose, it would be out of his system the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by Splackavellie View Post
                Ok, based on this, Floyd should have no problem with Pac not wanting testing a week before the fight. Dr. Margaret Goodman herself says testing right before or after a fight is useless. Roach has said they have no problem with tests weeks before the fight, which is when they would supposedly be cycling ( ) anyway.
                Floyd doesn't have a problem with it, what are you talking about? And RIGHT AFTER means as soon as the fight is over. Not a week later. Same for right before. Only one fighter has an issue with Olympic Style Testing which is what Goodman ADVOCATES. How did you miss that?

Comment

Originally posted by rao007 View Post
                  No newbie. He's asking Floyd's camp to request the 3-5 blood tests and 8-12 urine tests in proper time--meaning, when people actually move around and work, and not having to wake-up in the middle of the night to piss or drain blood.
                  Yeah, he's asking for Pacquiao-style testing, not Olympic. We get it.

Comment

Mayweather camp wants to do up to 20 random drug tests during the training camp..."Olympic Style"?

Pacquiao has agreed to a drug test ...

Mayweather is playing chess with Pac team ...

20 tests in training is bull**** ...

that is punishment ...

that is even more serious than the real olympic testing because they got 4 damn years to train ...

Comment

Originally posted by Njord777 View Post
                      If Manny were doping, and stopped using EPO the day before the fight - while it would show up in a test prior to the fight, and despite the fact that it would still be in his system to give him additional red blood cells to enhance his performance, it is quite possible, given the right dose, it would be out of his system the next day.

Then a certified doctor must have been giving Pacquiao the right doses all these years.

Comment

Working...
                      X