• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Splackavellie View Post
    Do you have a link?
    I reposted the article in another thread. Here's hoping this works:

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...an#post6698264

http://www.secondsout.com/usa-boxing...light=steroids

Comment

Here is another thought. Lets say Manny was juicin this whole time. What would be the problem be with just agreeing to these tests and not juice for the fight and just train natural? I mean if you lose you lose, it's $40-$50 million dollars at least you're going to make.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        Ok, based on this, Floyd should have no problem with Pac not wanting testing a week before the fight. Dr. Margaret Goodman herself says testing right before or after a fight is useless. Roach has said they have no problem with tests weeks before the fight, which is when they would supposedly be cycling ( ) anyway.

Comment

don't wanna break your routine, superstition, rest, etc.
          superstition??? when your opponent will have to go through the EXACT SAME THING????

lame excuse man ESPECIALLY FOR THE BIGGEST FIGHT OF HIS LIFE!

Comment

Dan Rafael:

My opinion is that there is a compromise in the way in which drug testing should be conducted. It doesn't have to be the random 24/7 of the USADA. It can be done some other way that will still provide results.

Comment

Originally posted by COACH WEBB View Post
              superstition??? when your opponent will have to go through the EXACT SAME THING????

c'mon, all athletes have their superstitions and routines. don't tell me you don't know that.

and floyd's routine is likely different than pac's. floyd probably has different superstitions than pac too.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                Ok, based on this, Floyd should have no problem with Pac not wanting testing a week before the fight. Dr. Margaret Goodman herself says testing right before or after a fight is useless. Roach has said they have no problem with tests weeks before the fight, which is when they would supposedly be cycling ( ) anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by COACH WEBB View Post

You don't know what superstition is??? It's different for everybody you know??

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                    Dan Rafael:

My opinion is that there is a compromise in the way in which drug testing should be conducted. It doesn't have to be the random 24/7 of the USADA. It can be done some other way that will still provide results.
                    This is probably what is going to end up happening.

The USADA will not be involved. The testing schedule will be negotiated.

Kinda sucks for Floyd though because if he wins, it will be tarnished by all of this...and people will say that Manny wasn't in his right state of mind, and distracted...etc.

Comment

Julius (Manila, Philippines)

What do you think is the best compromise for this drug testing hoopla?

Dan Rafael

Submit to the blood testing but come up with a reasonable schedule and no testing the day before or day of the fight.

If both sides can calm down and think again about how much money is involved, then I'm sure this can be resolved.

Comment

Working...
                      X